Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Connecting a Window...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Connecting a Windows7 PC (server) to IMac Catalina (second screen)?  

Pit
 Pit
Registered
(@pit)

Hi,

I hope that you are all doing well.  🙂

Maybe someone can help:

does anyone know why when connecting a PC running Windows 7, to an iMac running Catalina OS, the screen appears black, the menu option is there, the mouse form the Mac can move  around the windows screen but none of the mouses  appear on the iMac. The iMac Is intended to be working as a second screen.

any idea if this is something that can be sorted? 

I can’t seem to find a way to get my iMac to work as a second screen to my PC work computer. I would be grateful with any ideas or help.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Pit

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @pit,

Are you using HTML5 viewer on your iMac?
We will check this issue and try if we can reproduce it on our side.
In the meantime, do you have other device (e.g. iOS or android phone/tablet) where you can try the other spacedesk viewer app and check if you also get the same issue?

For further analysis, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information", then attach the output file on your next reply.
PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

Pit
 Pit
Registered
(@pit)

Hi @Lea

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, using the HTML link on the iMAc.

I tried with the iPhone installing iOS app, and the same happened, got a black screen.

I am attaching the requested file.

Thank you so much.
Pit

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @pit,

Thanks for sending the requested file.

It seems like a spacedesk driver issue.
Can you quickly try to run services.msc, find Desktop Windows Manager (dwm) and try to stop it. This will disable your aero transparent effect.
Once it's enabled, can you try to connect a spacedesk client and check if it's still black screen.

Then re-enable/start the Desktop Windows Manager (dwm) after testing the spacedesk.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Pit
 Pit
Registered
(@pit)

Hi @Lea

I am afraid that it didn't work for any of the devices (iPhone iMac).

The apple mouse stopped showing on the PC screen after that I tried to let it troubleshoot something to do with Aereo, but it didn't work before anyway. But I did restart just now, and it's back to the black screen, with the apple mouse showing only on the PC screen - as it was previously happening.
The iMac is left completely black with the wee menu symbol on the top left corner. 
Any other ideas?
Cheers

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @pit,
Thanks for quickly trying it.
This issue is possibly a spacedesk Windows 7/8.1 driver issue on Nvidia Quadro graphics adapter.

Unfortunately, any bugs reported on Windows 7/8.1 driver may not be solved immediately or will never be solved (depends on the issue) as Microsoft will soon stop supporting old Windows operating systems.

Fixing this issue is not our priority at the moment and might never be fixed at all.
Another reason is that we are currently very busy with higher prioritized features and bug fixes for Windows 10.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum