Window in explorer

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Window in explorer  

Rupex
Registered
(@rupex)

Hi guys, before spacedesk was only in a tray, and dont take a place on my screen, but now i always missclick on this icon and opens the big window, and it cant be closed or minimized to tray it just goes back to bottom bar, help pls

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi Rupex,
Yes, we have recently introduced this spacedesk server user interface window.
Currently it can only be minimized when there's an active connection and if there's none it can be hidden.

spacedesk Marcel
(@marcelruedinger)

Estimable Member

There are various reasons for this: 
First, we had to move the user interface out of the System Tray because System Tray is inaccessible in Windows 10 Tablet Mode.
Second, spacedesk will need more and more user interface elements over time (e.g. next release will support WiFi Direct Hotspot control).
Third, we always want to show a Taskbar icon while remote connections are active. The user can always see connected clients in the Windows Taskbar. So nobody can connect unnoticed.
Hint: Using the Windows option "Pin to Taskbar" might make handling more convenient.   

Rupex
Registered
(@rupex)

Yes, u answered on my question, buy maybe it's possible to create "hidden" version or something, because personnally i use spacedesk 24/7 and i use LAN connection so nobody can connect without my accept, but my main monitor isn't so huge and cuz of this spacedesk icon is really annoying

spacedesk Marcel
(@marcelruedinger)
Estimable Member

What exactly is annoying you?
Is it the icon in the task bar? 
Or is it the spacedesk server window opening when it shouldn't open?

Rupex
Registered
(@rupex)

Both.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum