Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] W10 Primary not connecting (idle) but W7 Server is connected  

digikiwi
Registered
(@digikiwi)

Hi,

This is my first time trying to use this nifty app.  My Windows 10 laptop is not registering a connection as primary but my Windows 7 server client is saying connected. 

I have set up a firewall rule/exception using port 28252 on both machines for TCP/UDP protocols (there is no TCP/IP option). I believe I have eliminated my antivirus (ESET) firewall as the problem on both machines, having even worked through it with ESET tech support.  I do use EXPRESS VPN on the Primary laptop  but have this in disconnected mode.

I've tried rebooting but still get "no remote connection" on primary. Any pointers of where to look next would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Could you please try the following:
- on spacedesk server window, click the ... button then select "Clear All Display Settings"
- run devmgmt.msc find Display Adapters -> spacedesk Graphics Adapter right-click Disable then Enable
- run services.msc, find spacedeskService then restart it
After all these steps, please try to connect again.
If problem still persist, please send us the following:
- run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information", save th output file (dxdiag.txt)
- spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public folder
Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.
Looking forward to your feedback.
digikiwi
Registered
(@digikiwi)
Posted by: @spacedesklea

dxdiag.exe

digikiwi
Registered
(@digikiwi)

Hi Lea,

Thanks for your message.  I followed the instructions but no connection yet.  Requested logfiles are attached.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Thanks for sending the requested files.
Can you discover your Windows 10 primary machine on the viewer app? OR did you input the IP address manually?
What is your secondary machine's native resolution?
Could you also please try to update your Intel HD Graphics 520 driver. You can download the latest driver here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520

digikiwi
Registered
(@digikiwi)

Hi Lea,

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client viewer (without restart in between) and it automatically found the primary client by local IP address and name.

The server client is a Samsung RC720 with native res of 1600x900 pixels

The latest Intel HD Graphics 520 driver (26.20.100.7870) is not compatible with this machine it seems, as there is some customisation by ASUS.  The driver given on the ASUS support page is an earlier version(V20.19.15.4454 ) than what I am running now (21.20.16.4550).

digikiwi
Registered
(@digikiwi)

Hi again,  I managed to get it working.  Total Noob error - I didn't realise I had to click on the client connection to actually connect.  It might be helpful to make this clearer to new users somehow in an update, as I doubt I'm the only one this has happened to.

Thanks for the fast support, I'm happily spacedesking away...

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @digikiwi,
Thanks for the feedback.
We are glad that you made it work.
In case you encounter other issues just let us know.
We are always glad to receive user feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum