I operate the SpaceDesk Viewer on mobile and desktop devices. On a mobile OS (Android and iOS) the screen resolution is straight forward: native or a alternative one and the app only has to take in a account a possible rotation. On a desktop-OS (Linux, Windows, osX (Mac) or HTML5) it is a different story. You can operate the viewer in fullscreen or as a window. In Fullscreen case it is the same as with mobile OS.
The trouble starts in window mode.
- You have only choice between native or a preset fixed resolution.
- Native resolution doesn't fit obviously: Taskbar and window-elements consuming space…
- Change of the alternative resolution is possible, but only via the arrow buttons attached to the value boxes. Manual input of numbers is turned of.
- Change of the window size is not considered.
- All made more difficult because a changing of the resolution settings is in connected mode not possible.
The issues can solved with two solutuions:
- Allow a direct input of numbers for the alternative screen resolution.
- Allow resolution change while viewer is connected.
- Adding as 3rd option a automated screen adjusting based on the inner dimensions of the display.
- Alternative to option 3 give the possibility to setup a list of resolutions, so the user self can select the best resolution via display settings of windows.
Please let me know about your thoughts in this matter.
Thanks and cheers.