Very LOW Frame Rate...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Very LOW Frame Rates  

Rodders1947
Registered
(@rodders1947)

I am using windows 10 64 bit and Prepar3d v 4.5 hotfix 3. I have an i7-8700k with 32 gb ddr4 3000 ram and 2 x rtx2070 video cards and 3 x 32" curved screens and 1 x 21.5 " screen. I have used spacedesk for like years sending info to my android tablets, 1 x 10" and 1 x 7' and they have worked fine, but NOW if I try to use  Spacedesk the frame rates of the flight sim drop from 28-30 down to 6-12 fps which is unuseable. Disconnect space desk and all back to normal. !!!  I have not changed any hardware !! only change is the hotfix 3 for P3D but I am unable to go BACK to an earlier version.

9 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @rodders1947,

Does it also lag on your main monitor?
This is probably the current known lag issue we have on our recent driver.

We will fix it very soon.
We will get back to you as soon as we have new version with potential fix on this issue.

Rodders1947
Registered
(@rodders1947)

No it does not lag on main monitor But I do notice that even when I couple the Tablet to the main PC via Spacedesk and USB connection it is slightly better on ONE tablet, If I use 2 tablets then the fps drops dramatically and also I start getting flickering on the tablets ... I have tried every setting in both P3D and also Nvidia but nothing makes a difference. My system is not overloaded by the report of performance where the CPU is about 35% ram about 40% and both GPU's running around 35% each whilst flying in P3D. 

Rodders1947
Registered
(@rodders1947)

On further checking YES it does lag on the main monitor as well. I would dearly love to be able to use spacedesk again as it is a wonderful app 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @rodders1947,
Thanks for the confirmation.
We will let you know as soon as we have a new version with possible fix for this lag issue.

Rodders1947
Registered
(@rodders1947)

For your Info I just tried the very latest version on the server and unitstalled the ones on the Tablets and re-installed them. With just the screen saver displayed on all screens, no problem with P3D v 4.5 loaded and running at 24 FPS but as soon as I say undock the GPS from the flight sim and move it to the tablet I instantly loose 15 fps, which makes the flight sim unuseable. It does not matter which Tablet I move it to the same results.

djlayz
Registered
(@djlayz)

Hello!

Unlike Rodders1947 I am a complete SpaceDesk n00b after watching a youtube tutorial.

Like Rodders1947 I am experiencing the exact same issue. With spacedesk running, but nothing on the display, I am getting about 28FPS, using MS Flight Sim 2020. I can also undock the display without loosing framerate. However AS SOON as any part of that window touches the SpaceDesk display, I immediately drop to 14-15FPS which is unusable.

I am running an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, 16GB RAM, with an AMD Radeon VII GPU. The spacedesk device is an Amazon Fire Tablet.

Hope this helps and really looking forward to a resolution. Obviously as a complete n00b to Spacedesk I can't provide any previous version comparisons.

Thanks,

LayZ

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @djlayz, Hi @rodders1947
We just released a new spacedesk driver v0.9.63 on our website. https://spacedesk.net/
Please try it and let us know if the main monitor lag issue is now fixed.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Rodders1947
Registered
(@rodders1947)

Hi Lea,

Many thanks for that update, Made all my 4 tablets work fine with little to NO frame rate drop.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @rodders1947,
Thanks for the confirmation.
We are glad that the lag issue is fixed now.
In case you encounter other problem, just let us know.
We are always glad to receive user feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum