Using stylus on sec...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Using stylus on second screen  

A_Lined_Design
Registered
(@a_lined_design)

Hi! I'm hoping to use my stylus on my tablet to draw directly into Adobe illustrator. The stylus works in as much as it move the cursor around the screen but I can't get it to register the pressure of the pen to create a line. 

Grateful for any ideas!

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Remote stylus/pen input is not officially supported by spacedesk yet so we cannot guarantee that it will properly with the current spacedesk BETA version.
This is already in our feature list and will soon be implemented - hopefully within this year.
No schedule of availability yet.
We are currently very busy with higher prioritized features and bug fixes.
lazyox199
Registered
(@lazyox199)

Hello! Samsung is providing SDK for the S-Pen I hope soon you will implement s-pen future into spacedesk

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lazyox199,
current spacedesk already supports pen/stylus input.
It is also tested with S-Pen.
Please try it.

HansHansen
Registered
(@hanshansen)

Hi,

so i tried it today and could not get the S-Pen to work, only normal touch inputs seem to work, do you have any idea why that would be the case?

(server version 0.9.95, Android App v.0.9.68, Desktop Pc and Samsung Tab S7)

Greetings, Hans!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @hanshansen,
To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8h5llgi8c2ig3g/2021_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and try to send pen input for several times), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum