USB without USB Tet...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] USB without USB Tethering?  

dindin
Registered
(@dindin)

I have a Windows 10 Tablet and it doesn't support USB Tethering, Wireless its too laggy and my Tablet doesn't have USB Tethering so I wanted to know if its Possible to use the Tablet as second Monitor with cable but without USB Tethering.

Thanks for any Answers

10 Replies
c0p1z832
Registered
(@c0p1z832)

Posted by: @dindin

I have a Windows 10 Tablet and it doesn't support USB Tethering, Wireless its too laggy and my Tablet doesn't have USB Tethering so I wanted to know if its Possible to use the Tablet as second Monitor with cable but without USB Tethering.

Thanks for any Answers

c0p1z832
Registered
(@c0p1z832)

Автор: @c0p1z832
Автор: @dindin

У меня есть планшет Windows 10, и он не поддерживает USB-модем, беспроводная связь слишком отстает, и у моего планшета нет USB-модема, поэтому я хотел бы знать, Можно ли использовать планшет в качестве второго монитора с кабелем, но без USB-модема.

Спасибо за любые ответы

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
You may try WiFi Direct / Mobile Hotspot connection, please refer to the Wifi Direct / Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 chapter in our user manual for instructions on how to setup.
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @c0p1z832,
You can also try WiFi Direct/Mobile Hotspot connection with your Windows 10 primary machine and tablet.
For assistance please refer to the Performance Tuning - Wifi Direct / Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 chapter in our user manual.

cdtarum
Registered
(@cdtarum)

I have two Dell laptops, both running Windows 10.  I can use Spacedesk with wifi, but it is slow.  Can I connect the laptops with a USB crossover cable for use where I don't have internet connectivity?  If so, are there any specifications on the crossover cable?

Windows 10 doesn't support Ad-Hoc Wifi. You must have a WiFi connection to be practical. (piece of cake in Win7).  The machines can communicate via BlueTooth. (Slower than wifi).  Is this a possibility?

My case is **NOT** where I am using a USB tether to Ipad/Android/other non-windows device.  Most USB topics assume USB=Tethering.

Thanks.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
If you have Windows PC on both sides, you may try crossover Ethernet cable between two machines.
Wired networks tend to have better performance than wireless networks. The fastest option is always a direct connection via network cable (e.g. a Gigabit Ethernet).
Please check this link https://www.techperiod.com/connect-windows-computers-in-lan/ on how to setup or you can also search other basic procedure on the web.
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
If you have Windows PC on both sides, you may try crossover Ethernet cable between two machines.
Wired networks tend to have better performance than wireless networks. The fastest option is always a direct connection via network cable (e.g. a Gigabit Ethernet).
Please check this link https://www.techperiod.com/connect-windows-computers-in-lan/ on how to setup or you can also search other basic procedure on the web.
cdtarum
Registered
(@cdtarum)

Neither laptop has an ethernet connection.  On one laptop I have a USB-C to Ethernet connector.  The tablet just has USB-A 3.0 ports.  Thats why I was looking at a USB crossover cable, as that might be cheaper than buying a USB-A to Ethernet, and an ethernet crossover cable.  I will check the USB to Ethernet converters.

cdtarum
Registered
(@cdtarum)

Success!  I connected my Windows 10 Laptop to Windows 10 Tablet with the following chain:

• USB-C to Ethernet on the Windows 10 Laptop
  • 3 foot Ethernet Cable
  • Ethernet crossover adapter
  • USB-A to Ethernet on the Windows 10 Tablet

Windows recognized connection immediately.  (I turned off WiFi to make sure it was on ethernet.) I could even play a video on the tablet without lag.  Parts were available on Amazon.  This will increase my productivity when traveling.  Make sure you get high end Ethernet adapters (Mine are USB 3.0 and 10/100/1000 MBps.  You can get 10/100 for a bit cheaper, but I like the performance)

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
We are glad to hear that spacedesk is performing good now on your side.
In case you encounter any issues or if you have suggestions for improvements just let us know.
We are always glad to receive user feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum