USB Tethering space...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

USB Tethering spacedesk and mobile data  

jarheadfor5
Registered
(@jarheadfor5)

So I'm in a hotel and the wifi sucks as is typical, but luckily it's in an area supported by 5g. I have my windows 10 pc and samsung s4 tablet running the latest spacedesk. I am also using Pdanet to tether the mobile data connection (sadly only 4g bc of tablet), to the pc. So I know that the pc and the tablet are on the same network as the pc is using the tablet for internet. Problem is tablet wont find the pc even manually. I tried both ip's the local area and the pc. I did get it to work breifly (laggy) with the mobile hotspot on the pc, but in order to keep from dropping to sub mb speeds I disconnect the wifi connection to the hotel after getting the hotspot (on pc) up and running.  Once that happens the tablet goes on the wifi and spacedesk works, but because of the wifi connection to the pc hotspot the tablet mobile data drops out and now I have spacedesk with no internet... I feel like I'm spinning my wheels here...

1 Reply
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jarheadfor5,

Posted by: @jarheadfor5

I am also using Pdanet to tether the mobile data connection (sadly only 4g bc of tablet), to the pc. So I know that the pc and the tablet are on the same network as the pc is using the tablet for internet. Problem is tablet wont find the pc even manually. I tried both ip's the local area and the pc.

Did you try to ping test the IP address to check if both are reachable to each other?
Is network discovery enabled on primary machine? What is the current network profile on your primary machine? Public or Private?

Posted by: @jarheadfor5

but because of the wifi connection to the pc hotspot the tablet mobile data drops out and now I have spacedesk with no internet... I feel like I'm spinning my wheels here...

I'm not sure if it's possible for an android device to be connected on 2 networks at the same time.
It's probably a network priority thing on android device that it only uses one network at a time.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum