Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
USB Tether connects...

USB Tether connects, disconnects, connects, disconnects, to infinity and beyond  

IMJustHere4Answers
Registered
(@imjusthere4answers)

Primary - Win 10 64 bit, Nvidia GTX 1080 card, up to date drivers

Secondary - Nvidia Shield tablet, don't know much about it

I installed the app on the shield and the drivers on the PC.  I was able to connect using our wireless easily and that seemed to work.  But I want to use USB tethering.

I turned on USB Tethering on the tablet and plugged the USB cable in to the PC and a second address popped up in the app on the tablet.  I then turned wifi off on the tablet and restarted the app to make sure only one address was in the list.  I connected to the USB address and the app connected, sort of, but the screen was black.  Then it disconnected, reconnected, disconnected, etc.  The screen remained black the entire time and I was unable to interact with my primary PC screen.  The mouse would move but no scrolling and no clicking, then eventually it started minimizing apps on the PC.  I had to exit the app on the tablet.

I'd like to know how to get the USB tether to work.  Thanks.  

10 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
It seems like the  Nvidia graphics adapter has a TDR (Timeout Detection and Recovery) on your primary machine upon spacedesk connect.
Is your primary machine currently running Nvidia Shadow Play (screen record) while trying to connect your spacedesk viewer?
Is your viewer app set to auto-reconnect?
Once the TDR happens on primary machine, viewer should be disconnected, but if the auto-reconnect is enabled, then it will try to reconnect while spacedesk server on primary machine keeps on disconnecting it due to TDR.
Looking forward to your feedback.
IMJustHere4Answers
Registered
(@imjusthere4answers)

Shadow Play isn't running on the primary.

The app IS set to auto-reconnect.

What would cause it to timeout as soon as it connects?  Is there a setting on my PC to look for?  Thanks.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Thanks for verifying.
For further analysis, could you please send us the following:
- run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information" then save the output file (dxdiag.txt)
- all spacedesk_log_xxxx.etl log files located in  C:\Users\Public\spacedesk_logs folder
Save all the requested files in one folder then right-click Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.
There should be and attach file option below the editor.
IMJustHere4Answers
Registered
(@imjusthere4answers)

Here you go.  The first time I ran the dxdiag it had an error 43 on the Spacedesk driver so I uninstalled and reinstalled it.  It's still not connecting via USB but I may need to connect via wireless first.  I haven't tried that yet.  Thanks!

IMJustHere4Answers
Registered
(@imjusthere4answers)

As an update, it would never connect via USB after reinstall so I turned the tablet's wifi back on.  It instantly found the computer but when I tried to connect it started doing the same behavior (connecting, staying a black screen, then disconnecting).

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Thanks for sending the requested files.
Based on the dxdiag, our spacedesk Driver is crashing.
However, the spacedesk log files are all empty.
Could you please run "services.msc", find spacedeskService, restart it.
Try to reproduce again the disconnection issue, then check again the spacedesk log folders once it generates the log files with more than 8KB in size, please send it to us.

And if it's not too much to ask, please go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WDF, then save the (2-more) most recent WudfHost_ext__xxxx.dmp files to a folder then zip it and send it to us.
ProgramData folder is hidden by default, in case you cannot find it you should enable first the "Show hidden files, folders and drives".
Just open a File Explorer -> View -> Options, on Folder Options window click View tab then click the "Show hidden files, folders and drives" to enable it then apply the changes.

For further questions and/or discussions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
IMJustHere4Answers
Registered
(@imjusthere4answers)

That did generate some logs.  I went ahead and attached one that is 0 b but there are two more in there that hopefully will help.  I also grabbed the two WudHost files from today.  Thanks.  

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Thanks for sending the requested files.
We will release a new version of the spacedesk Windows 10 driver within 1-3 weeks.
We will get back to you as soon as we released it.
Hopefully, this will fix the issue you encountered.
For further questions and/or discussions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
We have sent you a new spacedesk version for you to test.
Please check your email.
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @imjusthere4answers,
Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver version 0.9.23 which is now available in our website.
Then let us know if you still have the same problem.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register