Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
USB of Wifi or both...

USB of Wifi or both?  

giaga
Registered
(@giaga)

I bougth a new samsung Tablet Galaxy TAB S5e.

I wanted to use as extended monitor of my HP PC with Windows 10 at 64 Bits.

I downloaded and installed your software  for evalution in future in our company.

I see on server 2 Ip address: one for  my lan  and one for wifi.

If I connect using the lan address everything works fine but I noticed  lag on images...

I understand that , it uses as server the lan BUT  it is using the Wifi to send images on the Tablet...

If I disable the wifi because I want to run faster on USb C ... it does not connect anymore with the server....

Is it possible to conect a PC and tablet just using USBC ,in order to have an higher troughput?.

Best Reagards

Giovanni

3 Replies
toraxmalu
Registered
(@toraxmalu)

Hi,

there is a technology issue: USB-C needs drivers and don't speak internet protocols, but the connection between SpaceDesk’s server and viewer is basing on these protocols.

Well, you consider a cable connection, why not using a USB-Network-Adapter and integrating the tablet in the LAN? By that you also eliminating connection delays in a overcrowded WIFI-connection. (Occurring especially on 2.4 GHz-spectrum.)

Cheers.

ToraxMalu

spacedesk Marcel
(@marcelruedinger)

USB connection is possible using "USB Tethering" (this should also work with USB-C).
WiFi Direct connection is just as fast as USB connection (needs a WiFi adapter in the PC).
To improve WiFi performance, the router needs to be bypassed.

Just configure PC or Android device as WiFi Hotspot.
Then connect to the hotspot before connecting spacedesk.

For details check the spacedesk instruction manual chapter "Performance Tuning"
https://spacedesk.net/user-manual

PS: WiFi Direct will soon be supported by spacedesk connect screen

toraxmalu
Registered
(@toraxmalu)

Posted by: spacedesk Marcel

[…]

Just configure PC or Android device as WiFi Hotspot.
Then connect to the hotspot before connecting spacedesk.

[…]

Marcel, I am sure, you know a lot more in this matter than me. But when I am doing your suggestion and setting up the USB-tethering on my mobile device while it is connected with the Wifi, my PC starts to prioritize this route and all my traffic is using the Wifi instead of the faster and more stable Ethernet-connection. And if I understood giaga correct, his PC is connected to the network with the Ethernet-Port. Or I am misinterpreted the whole situation and quoting a lot of BS‽

Cheers
ToraxMalu

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register