Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
unable to connect t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

unable to connect two machines when primary server is connected via usb tethering to network  

Defy
 Defy
Registered
(@defy)

both are windows 10 and my client isn't my phone

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @defy,

I want to clarify first, if I understood your setup correctly.
So you have 2 Windows 10 PC (primary and secondary) that you want to connect over the network and then another phone connected via USB tethering, is that correct?
And the problem is when primary PC and phone are connected over USB tethering, you cannot connect spacedesk on your secondary PC to your primary PC, right?

Are both Windows 10 PC connected over wired or wireless network?

Defy
 Defy
Registered
(@defy)

Hello @spacedesk Lea, yes correct. My secondary pc is connected via Wi Fi and my Primary PC is connected via USB Tethering to my phone which in turn is connected to Wi Fi

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @defy,

I think this can be solved by changing the Windows connection priority.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Connect the USB tethering device on your primary machine
2. Open the Windows Settings -> Network and Internet -> Change adapter option
4. In there you will see the WiFi adapter, right-click -> Properties, click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) -> Properties -> Advanced
5. Uncheck the "Automatic metric" and set the value to "5", then click OK to finish it.
6. Do the same with another adapter for your USB tethering connection the one with Remote NDIS device, but set the metric value to "10" or something higher.
7. Restart your primary machine then try again with phone connected via USB tethering and check if the secondary PC can now connect to the primary machine via WiFi.

Please let us know if this works for you.
Looking forward to your feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum