Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Trouble connecting ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Trouble connecting when iPad is hotspot host to client windows 10 laptop?.......  

MMobberly
Registered
(@mmobberly)

Connections with my iPad and windows 10 laptop on common wifi have been no problem.  But, when my iPad is hotspot host to client windows 10 laptop, I have not had a successful connection yet.  Please investigate and advise.  Thanks!

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mmobberly,
When your Windows 10 primary machine is connected on the hotspot network of your iPad, the iOS viewer on your iPad cannot discover the primary machine, is that correct?

Could you please check the current network profile on your primary machine if it's Public or Private?
Just open the Settings window -> Network & Internet -> WiFi, click the wifi network connected and check the Network profile.

MMobberly
Registered
(@mmobberly)

Yes, that is correct.  I'll check the wifi profile the next time I have a chance to set up iPad as hotspot host to client windows 10 laptop and I'll let you know.  Thanks!

MMobberly
Registered
(@mmobberly)

Yes, that is correct.  I'll check the wifi profile the next time I have a chance to set up iPad as hotspot host to client windows 10 laptop and I'll let you know.  Thanks!

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum