Clear all

Touchscreen on Convertible doesnt work  

Kahamis
Registered
(@kahamis)

Hi,

I use 2 Systems (with the latest spacedesk software):

1. Windows 10 Desktop with 27" Display connected via DP (As Spacedesk "Master"

2. Convertible 13" with Touchscreen and Windows 10 home. (As Spacedesk "Slave")

I use the Convertible as a second monitor with Spacedesk an the Connection works great.

The only thing that doesnt work ist the Touchscreen. I can use the touch as a remote mouse, but it wont work as a normal touch (on the touchmonitor of course). It works, when i use the Convertible without Spacedesk.

I want to use the touch, to stop and start videos on the 13" Screen for example and work on my PC wit mouse and keyboard. Is this possible?

P.S. Videomode is off.

Thanks for your help! 

11 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @kahamis,
Are you using the spacedesk UWP Viewer v0.0.17.0 app (from Microsoft Store) on your Convertible device?
Are you using the most recent spacedesk Driver v0.9.80 from our website?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @kahamis,
Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver v0982 available on our website https://spacedesk.net/.
We have a various bug fixes for touch screen issue with this new version.
Just make sure that videowall mode is disabled when you test the absolute touch.
Looking forward to your feedback.

HJPhilippi
Registered
(@hjphilippi)

Hi Lea,

I'd like to join in here. I have a similar task (Windows 10 dektop PC as primary display/server, Dell notebook with touch display as secondary display/client). I want to use the keyboard/mouse from the main system but *also* have touch input on the secondary display recognized additonally. Is this possible at all? I cannot get it working, no matter what settings I use on the Dell NB (touch emulates mouse etc.). The only thing I achieve is that I can make the NB take full control and remotely operate the server, too - but that is not what I want.

Best regards,
Hans

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @hjphilippi,
Are you using the spacedesk Windows viewer from Microsoft Store?
Is spacedesk videowall mode enabled on your primary machine?

HJPhilippi
Registered
(@hjphilippi)

Hi Lea,

yes, the viewer on the secondary machine was installed from Microsoft Store (just 2 days ago or so) and no, videowall mode on the server is not enabled.

Best regards,
Hans

flydog23
Registered
(@flydog23)
Eminent Member

I also have this same problem, with same no touch result on the secondary computer.  I also use The Windows 10 version, but on both computers (secondary computer is a touch tablet in desktop mode. I’ve read at least 3 different reports of touch not working on Windows 10, from this forum.   I think we will just have to wait for the spacedesk folks to release a bug fix on this.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @hjphilippi, Hi @flydog23,
Could you please quickly try the most recent spacedesk Driver v0984 from our website https://spacedesk.net/.

If the issue still persist, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilm5em35h0ygsfm/2020_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and reproduce the the touch issue), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

HJPhilippi
Registered
(@hjphilippi)

Hi Lea,

I did what you asked me for: install new driver 0.9.84 on primary/server machine, started the debug tool etc. and the missing feature is still there: the touch screen notebook attaches to the server and I can use it as additional display. But touch input on its display is ignored. BTW: the laptop screen shows a short circle-touch-animation or whatsovere to indicate the recognized touch! Alas, it is not translated into a mouse click like if I would ven executed it with the server mouse...

Best regards,
Hans

flydog23
Registered
(@flydog23)
Eminent Member

I get the exact same behavior in my scenario.  I also get the dazzle spritz at the finger touch point, without the actual touch action completing.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @hjphilippi,

Thanks for sending your diagnostic logs.

Currently we are still investigating this issue as we still cannot reproduce it on our side.
Can you also check with other viewer app aside from Windows, e.g. Android or iOS if the touch issue is also happening?
With our current spacedesk version, our touch screen feature should work as an actual touchscreen and not as mouse input.
As you mentioned you can see a circle upon touch, that's one of the confirmation that the server receives a touch input.
Can you try to move a scrollable window (e.g. web browser) on your secondary display then try scroll via touch (touch + drag upward/downward) if it will scroll down/up?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @hjphilippi,
can you quickly try with spacedesk Windows Viewer v0.9.30 (Windows 7 desktop version) which is downloadable on our website.
Just enable the Functionality -> Remote mouse (for mouse) and Touchscreen (absolute).

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum