The secondary monit...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The secondary monitor repeatedly went black and then relighted immediately  

Iorent
Registered
(@iorent)

I have been using the app for a month, but recently there is an annoying issue. I did not do any change in the setting, but my secondary monitor repeatedly went black, then relighted immediately. This may happen many times each day. My primary machine is a desktop running Windows 10 Education, my secondary machine is an old laptop running Windows 8. Anybody has experienced this issue before, how to fix it? Thanks.

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @iorent,
Is the second display flickering immediately upon connect?
Is auto-reconnect enabled in your viewer app? If yes, could you please try to disable it and check if it will give you an error code upon disconnect.
Are you using the latest spacedesk Driver (v0.9.34) and Viewer(0.9.22) app? If not, please update.
If problem still persist, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information" save the output file (dxdiag.txt) then attach it on your next reply.
Iorent
Registered
(@iorent)

Posted by: @spacedesklea
Hi @iorent,
Is the second display flickering immediately upon connect?
Is auto-reconnect enabled in your viewer app? If yes, could you please try to disable it and check if it will give you an error code upon disconnect.
Are you using the latest spacedesk Driver (v0.9.34) and Viewer(0.9.22) app? If not, please update.
If problem still persist, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information" save the output file (dxdiag.txt) then attach it on your next reply.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I do upgrade the app and finally I figured out that it is the DisplayPort cable connecting my secondary laptop and secondary monitor that causes the problem, I changed a VGA cable and the issue was solved. Thanks.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @iorent,
We are glad to hear that the issue is now solved on your side.
In case you encounter other problems regarding spacedesk just let us know.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum