Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
The secondary displ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] The secondary display turns black when I use a windows basic theme (non-aero theme)  

Denkan
Registered
(@denkan)

As the title says, the secondary display (Viewer monitor) turns black whenever I am using a basic theme. The reason I want to use a basic theme instead of aero is to free up some GPU-usage in order to get better fps in OBS. The program works great as long as I use an aero theme.

If I swap to basic from aero, then the secondary display freezes and stops updating, and if I then go back to aero, it resumes to work normally. So I assume there's something about the aero theme that interferes with spacedesk considering the connection doesn't go down and the desktop stays attached, but there's no video.

Is it a known issue that spacedesk is incompatible with basic themes or could there be a sollution to my problem?

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @denkan,
Thanks for reporting this issue, we will investigate this.
Is this the first time you try spacedesk? Or did you try it before and worked on older spacedesk version?
For further analysis, could you run dxdiag.exe on your Windows 7 primary machine, click "Save All Information", save the output file (dxdiag.txt) then attach it on your next reply.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @denkan,
we just released a new spacedesk Driver version 0.9.38 on our website  https://spacedesk.net/.
It has a fix for the Windows 7 non aero case.
Please try it and let us know your result.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Denkan
Registered
(@denkan)

Hi @spacedesklea!

I have to start off by saying I am really impressed with your support!! I hadn't even had time to respond to your first comment before you tell me you've released a new version of the program with a fix. Can't say I've ever gotten such fast and effective support from other companies. So thank you for paying such nice attention to your users

Now back to the post. Your patch fixed the black screen and I can now use your program the way I wanted to, meaning, I personally don't need any more assistance as I now can use basic themes and use your program for an external display. However I do have some feedback from trying out the new patch, even though the ext.display had video, I believe it was only updating while my mouse was hovering on the ext.display. For the way I want to use the program this works just fine, all I have to do after setting it to basic theme is make sure I move the mouse over to the new display and leave it there while I continue. I didn't do a ton of bug testing to see if it was a problem with spacedesk or if it was some other program that was messing up. Anyway, I felt like it would be better to let you know rather than just saying that it now works. So if you still want to look in to it, go ahead, but it's not an issue for me. 

Thanks for the fix and the great support!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Thanks you for the confirmation. We are glad that it's working now on your Windows 7 Non aero.
As for the video update with mouse hover issue, yes we are aware of that and we can say that it's a limitation of our spacedesk Windows 7 Driver and we cannot fix it anymore.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum