Clear all

System bar not hiding on Lenovo S6000-F  

JpH
 JpH
Registered
(@jph)

Hi Lea,

I have a problem with a Lenovo tablet, S6000-F, running Android 4.2.2

The program works great apart from one issue. When the touch screen is used, the 'system navigation bar' pops up and remains. This is the type of table where the system buttons are on screen as opposed to being physical buttons.

The program starts in full screen with the nav bar hidden. Using the mouse works fine, using touch, and the nav bar pops up and stays up.

Please advise ?.. (I may be missing something obvious)

Kindest regards,

JpH.

4 Replies
JpH
 JpH
Registered
(@jph)

Further info, I have just tested on an Acer tablet running 4.4.2 (slightly later android) .. this tablet also has the 'on screen NAV buttons). This works fine. It remains in full screen.

JpH

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @jph,
We will investigate this issue. We tried here with our oldest android tablet here which has Android version 4.4.3 and an onscreen navigation bar but unfortunately we cannot reproduce it. We will try with emulator (with the same android version 4.2.2) and get back to you as soon as we have any news about this issue.
JpH
 JpH
Registered
(@jph)

Thanks Lea,

I believe the Android versions from 4.4 (kitkat) onwards had a different sdk that allowed a change to the way the navigation bar could be controlled. (immersive mode ?) - however, I am not an Android programmer.  I really hope you can make it work as I want to use several tablets of this era and version with a home flight simulator. 

Kindest regards.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jph,

In android version 4.2.2 and lower, the navigation bar always appears on regaining focus from touch.
We have released a new spacedesk Android viewer (v0.9.58) app in the playstore. In this new version the navigation bar will disappear after the end of a touch.
This is the only solution we can offer - we cannot force the navigation bar to not appear on touch in the older version.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum