Status On (idle); I...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Status On (idle); IP Validation in Progress  

wilsonangelo
Registered
(@wilsonangelo)

The primary machine cannot be detected. I tried pinging my secondary machine from my laptop, but it says 'destination host unreachable'. My primary machine has Win10 OS and my secondary is Onyx Boox Nova 2 (latest firmware). I was able to make it work once, about a month ago. But now it just keeps on hanging on IP validation in progress. Looking forward to your assistance.

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @wilsonangelo,

Posted by: @wilsonangelo

'destination host unreachable'

this shows that both machines are not reachable to each other which means spacedesk viewer will not be able to detect the primary machine.
This is probably a problem on your network settings.
Did you make any changes in your network settings?
Are both machines connected on a local area network? Is it wireless network?

wilsonangelo
Registered
(@wilsonangelo)

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is a wireless connection. Both are connected with the same WIFI and the same accounts (since I have to input my university account and password to be able to connect with the wifi). I did not make changes in the settings since I was able to connect months ago, as far as I remember. 

wilsonangelo
Registered
(@wilsonangelo)

By the way, I tried to ping another laptop connected to the same network and it is reachable. My android device (onyx boox nova 2) when pinged prompts the message destination host unreachable. I remember successfully pinging this before when I was also able to connect it. what could be the cause of this issue?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @wilsonangelo,
Maybe there's a settings on your android device that prevents incoming connection? 
Can you check the wifi settings on your android device maybe there's a setting there that you can tweak?

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum