Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
spacedesk Viewer: R...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

spacedesk Viewer: Remove window frame (Windows)/Auto-Hide Hamburger Menu (HTML5)  

jpickerell
Registered
(@jpickerell)

First, thanks for your fantastic offering of spacedesk Server and Viewer!!! So very thankful to have found your products!!!!

We're using the product to send secondary monitor video from one computer as an input source in OBS Studio on another computer (without using VGA or HDMI capture card). This seems to be working great! In our case, we're using to live stream our Sunday morning church services. Video from the first computer is pre and post-service announcements as well as displaying words for the worship songs we sing and from time-to time showing a video clip, graphic, or other presentation. This video gets sent to a projector and several TVs around the building. I've got the spacedesk server set to duplicate video with the second monitor on the source PC and we use the spacedesk VIEWER (beta 0.9.25 currently) Windows desktop application on the OBS Studio computer, using "Window Capture" of the viewer app. OBS grabs just the remote video portion (client area of app as OBS seems to call it) of the VIEWER app without any problem. Works great! (almost!) 

Only issue we have is that the spacedesk VIEWER application has a window border that is also captured. It seems that the right and bottom edges are more pronounced with a slightly thicker white line, though top and left are also visible. 

Any chance that you might be able to add as a option, to remove those borders?

4 Replies
jpickerell
Registered
(@jpickerell)

Also, I've tried using the HTML5 viewer for this by adding a "Browser" source in OBS. This get's rid of any window border, but leaves the "hamburger" menu icon in the top-left corner of the window. If there was a way to auto-hide the hamburger menu in the HTML5 viewer after a few seconds of non-use, this might be another alternative way to accomplish our needs. I could see others, with various other use cases seeing the auto-hiding of the hamburger menu also be very beneficial.

I haven't tested the HTML5 viewer performance/lag compared to the native desktop viewer, so not 100% confident the HTML viewer can replace the native desktop client in our case, but it does seem to have promise.

Looking forward to seeing your response when you have time. Even without future changes to the viewer(s) that I'd love to see, your product has been very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks!
Jared

jpickerell
Registered
(@jpickerell)

Another option that I also thought of today is if there would be a way to inject some additional CSS (OBS studio lets you do this for browser sources) into the HTML5 viewer that would let us hide the menu button? I'm not quite ready to switch to using the HTML5 Viewer as our source (over the desktop viewer app) as it seems there is some quirk where sometimes the HTML5 viewer will only show black screen, where the desktop viewer is still properly displaying the screen).

Would still love to have setting to turn off the remote window border on the desktop viewer app (and default to not displaying the status bar, or persisting the chosen status bar view setting between closing and opening the viewer app).

Thanks again for your great products!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jpickerell,
We will get back to you on this topic as soon as we have discussed it with the team.

We are currently prioritizing some recent bug reports as of the moment.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jpickerell,

About your request to have an option to remove the border on Windows viewer app - Our Windows Viewer app is currently being rewritten.
Adding a new feature/option is not possible anytime soon.
We might get back to this topic after we released a new Windows Viewer app (UWP).

As for the hamburger menu in HTML5 Viewer - it's also not possible at the moment. There will be no changes/improvements on our HTML viewer page anytime soon.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum