Spacedesk viewer li...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Spacedesk viewer limitation(?)  

Babboons
Registered
(@babboons)

so yesterday i just tried this spacedesk and it works even though i used spacedesk viewer win 7 version to my laptop win 10. the problem is when i click windows explorer, it won't show up. stuffs that will show up are windows start (the down left corner) and right click mouse on the desktop. so basically i can only shut it down and refresh it. i can't open any apps either. 

but when i tried to check it with other monitor, those stuff show up as usual. so is it because i used win 7 version of spacedesk viewer on windows 10 laptop or else? if it is the problem, can i get the link to the setup rather than via ms store?

P.S: i can't download spacedesk viewer for win 10 because my microsoft store is dead, won't show up at all even though reset, re-login ms account, etc.

Topic Tags
6 Replies
Babboons
Registered
(@babboons)

P.S: i used ethernet cable cat7, and the PCs specs:

PC : windows 10 v20H2, rx 550 4gb (driver version Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2)

Laptop: windows 10 v1903, nvidia mx 150 (driver version 457.09)

Babboons
Registered
(@babboons)

P.S: i used ethernet cable cat7, and the PCs specs:

PC : windows 10 v20H2, rx 550 4gb (driver version Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2)

Laptop: windows 10 v1903, nvidia mx 150 (driver version 457.09)

PC as primary machine and Laptop as secondary machine

Babboons
Registered
(@babboons)

UPDATE:

finally i can get 62 fps and full control of my PC from my laptop. and finally i have a monitorless, keyboardless, and mouseless computer setup, thanks to Spacedesk.

but actually, i am still trying to figure out how to get higher fps on higher resolution. i got 62 fps on 1366x768. tried to make it 1920x1080 but only able to get 40-50 fps. but at least it finally works. maybe admin or operator has some advices for this li'l issue? hehe

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @babboons,

Posted by: @babboons

the problem is when i click windows explorer, it won't show up. stuffs that will show up are windows start (the down left corner) and right click mouse on the desktop. so basically i can only shut it down and refresh it. i can't open any apps either. 

Is this not happening anymore?

spacedesk only supports up to 60 fps.
Currently, there's no plan to support higher than that.

Babboons
Registered
(@babboons)

it's not happening anymore. i just need to click Windows+P and project it to second screen only and done. after that i changed resolution to 1366x768 and fps to 60. done

but for 1920x1080, i only got fps around 40-50. is there anything i can do to improve fps on 1920x1080?

i mean RX550 support 4k tho, it should be able to get at least 60 fps on 1920x1080, but i haven't figured out how to set it right.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @babboons,
Is your ethernet connection going thru the router?
Maybe you can quickly try a crossover ethernet connection between your primary and secondary machine.
Routers can cause lags and latency. Bypassing them always improves performance.
The fastest option is always a direct connection via network cable (e.g. a Gigabit Ethernet).
Please check this link https://www.techperiod.com/connect-windows-computers-in-lan/ on how to setup (only Method #1, Step 1-6) or you can also search other basic procedure on the web.

Then check if framerate will reach 60fps on 1920x1080 resolution.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum