spacedesk version 0...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

spacedesk version 0.9.79 more cpu usage than version 0.9.78  

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

dear spacedesk developers, after updating from 0.9.78 to version 0.9.79 everything works fine but i notice significantly higher cpu usage. far below 10% under 0.9.78 and constantly 12%-13% after updating to 0.9.79.

best regards

peter

10 Replies
el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

to be more precise 0.9.78 spacedeskservice.exe causes only around 0% to 1% cpu load. as a workaround i have deinstalled 0.9.79 and switched back to 0.9.78. now everything is fine as before the update.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo,

Posted by: @el_viejo

below 10% under 0.9.78 and constantly 12%-13% after updating to 0.9.79

Posted by: @el_viejo

to be more precise 0.9.78 spacedeskservice.exe causes only around 0% to 1% cpu load

Is this the CPU usage when spacedesk is in idle or when there's a viewer connected?
For further analysis, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information", then attach the output file (dxdiag.txt) on your next reply.

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hi lea, thanks for you reply. as there is 0.9.80 available and showing the same behavior as 0.9.79 i will do the diagnosis using version 0.9.80. the system i use as primary machine is an hp notebook cpu core i7-3840qm quad core, 16gb ddr3 ram with windows 10 x64. the client side is a microsoft surface core i5-6300u dual core, 8gb ddr3 ram with windows 10 x64 and spacedesk client 0.17.0 from ms store.

the settings of spacedesk client are: resolution 1620x1080, lowest color quality, 60fps. performance is excellent.

up to version 0.9.78 the cpu usage in task manager has been 0% while idle and switching between 0%, 1% or sometimes but very rarely 2% while connected.

using 0.9.79 or 0.9.80 the cpu usage in task manager is 0% while idle but switching between 12% and 14% while connected.

i got noticed by this issues because my notebooks fan started blowing constantly while using versions 0.9.79 removed link but staying quiet while using 0.9.78 and lower versions.

i will provide diagnostic logs asap.

best regards
peter

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hi lea,

pease ignore me post before as there is some important information missing. here my complete text:

thanks for you reply. as there is 0.9.80 available and showing the same behavior as 0.9.79 i will do the diagnosis using version 0.9.80. the system i use as primary machine is an hp notebook cpu core i7-3840qm quad core, 16gb ddr3 ram with windows 10 x64. the client side is a microsoft surface core i5-6300u dual core, 8gb ddr3 ram with windows 10 x64 and spacedesk client 0.17.0 from ms store.

the settings of spacedesk client are: resolution 1620x1080, lowest color quality, 60fps. performance is excellent.

up to version 0.9.78 the cpu usage in task manager has been 0% while idle and switching between 0%, 1% or sometimes but very rarely 2% while connected.

using 0.9.79 or 0.9.80 the cpu usage in task manager is 0% while idle but switching between 12% and 14% while connected. after disconnecting cpu usage does not return to around 0% but stays on 12%.

i got noticed by this issues because my notebooks fan started blowing constantly while using versions 0.9.79 or 0.9.80 but staying quiet while using 0.9.78 and lower versions.

i will provide diagnostic logs asap.

best regards
peter

(by the way: the link suppression of your bbs is very aggressive as is replaces every text containing a slash character. just to let you know 🙂 )

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

so here comes the promised bunch of logs. here is the scenario in 3 steps: i did a fresh reboot of the primary machine. opened task manager took a screenshot of the two spacedesk processes and ran dxdiag.exe. the resulting files are named 1_... then i started spacedesk viewer on the secondary machine and connect to the primary machine. same procedure: first the screenshot of the two spacedesk process in task manager, then ran dxdiag.exe. the files are named 2_... and finally i have closed the spacedesk viewer on the secondary machine waited for some seconds and again screenshot of task manager and ran dxdiag.exe. the files are named 3_...

after disconnecting and killing the spacedesk processes in task manager and restarting spacedeskservice.exe in the services tab of task manager everything is fine until the next connection to spacedesk viewer.

diagnosis has been performed using spacedesk driver 0.9.80 on the primary machine and spacedesk viewer on the second machine. i hope the provided logs are useful for you. please advise if you need further information.

best regards
peter

ps: the attached zip file is encrypted for privacy. the password to encrypt is my nick name here in the forum.

akc
 akc
Registered
(@akc)

I can confirm the same behaviour on version 0.9.79

CPU usage for the service, while a client is connected, is around 19%, that stays the same in idle after client disconnection.

Please, let me know if you need my info from dxdiag

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo and @akc
Thanks for reporting this issue.
We have verified the high cpu usage on most recent spacedesk Driver (0979-0980).
We will further investigate and get back to you as soon as we have fix for this issue.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo and @akc
Please try our most recent spacedesk Driver v0981 on our website.
High CPU usage should be fixed now in this new version.
Looking forward to your feedback.

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hi lea,

indeed, the spacedesk driver 0981 works as expected. no more high cpu usage after connecting/disconnecting. thank you very much for this super fast reaction. congratulations to the developers 🙂

best regards
peter

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @el_viejo,
Thank you very much for confirmation.
In case you encounter other issues just let us know.
We are always glad to receive user feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum