Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Spacedesk streaming...

Spacedesk streaming second monitor over internet (cloud computing)  

Moukrea
Registered
(@moukrea)

Alright, this might sound like an odd one...
I'm using Shadow PC, which is a cloud computing with beefy hardware streaming to whatever device you have (smartphone, Android TV boxes, Laptops...) with almost no latency, it feels like you have a local powerful machine!
Thing is... I need to get a secondary display, on my android tablet/smartphone, which is where Spacedesk became really handy!

However the PC, as it's cloud computing... Is not on my local network. I wouldn't mind to have big latency or corrupted image with lot's of compression artifacts, I just want it to show the second screen image on my smartphone!

Anyway, I have Gigabit internet at home and Shadow has Gigabit internet too, both with 1ms ping... however they locked their upload speeds to 12.5MB/s which is not so fast but could be fine for some lower res video stream!

That's where I get into trouble. I got Spacedesk up and running on Shadow, which give me an IP like <a href=" removed link ">10.0.0.4...
If I set this IP to my phone, obviously nothing happens! Then I checked if it would work using the internet IP of Shadow, which was something like <a href=" removed link ">84.192.167.3. There again, it didn't work.

So my question is... Is there a way to connect to it with Spacedesk? Or maybe is there a way to make Shadow join virtually my local network, so that it could detect my smartphone?

Here's a simplified representation of the configuration I would want to run

[Shadow] The PC
|
[Internet]
|
[Modem/Home router]
|
[Phones] [Laptop] [TV Box] [Tablets] Local Area Network
|
The second screen of Shadow

Hope there will be some solutions!

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Moukrea
Registered
(@moukrea)

I may share a bit of my own answer to this...

The solution could be to use Hamachi in combinaison with Spacedesk! Install Hamachi on both Shadow and my LAN PC/Laptop to make them be on the "same" network, then fire up Spacedesk server on Shadow and Spacedesk client on the local laptop... It could work, though it's not streaming the second screen to my phone/tablet, but to a laptop!

Apparently there's some ways to use Hamachi on Android, I need to investigate further into this

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
As you have observed spacedesk does not support remote connection.
One of the main requirements when using spacedesk is that both primary and secondary machine should be connected on the same local area network.

Good to know that you can use a third party software to solve this limitation.
Thanks for sharing this info and please let us know if you also made it work to android client,
so that we can also share/suggest it to other spacedesk users in the future.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register