Notifications
Clear all

Spacedesk stopped working | cannot detect PrimaryMachine  

MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

Hi,

SpaceDesk stopped working abruptly. I use an old Android tablet as a 3rd monitor with My MS Surface Win 10 and a 2nd monitor setup at home. Although it works well with WiFi (I tested a few weeks ago a simultaneously connection  with the tablet as a 3rd monitor and also my iPhone as a 4th monitor with complete success), I was using it without any problems with a thethering USB option to the Android Tablet.

A few hours ago I locked windows and when I entered again the tablet screen was black. I restarted everything (tablet&PC) and could get a connection. The Android tablet Spacedesk App said none primary IP available (it was always showing the 2 IP of the Primary Machine Server on the IP (the one for Wi-Fi connection & the one attributed for the USB thetering connection to de tablet, both still visible at the Primary Machine Server PC App). tried manually to add both IP's and getting a "IP-validation in progress..." window...

I updated both WIN 10 e tablet apps to latest version, repeated everything with the same results... no connection.

iPhone doesn't work either, so it is probably on the PC side... (I checked the Firewall option on setup).

Can someone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies
MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

Additional info: I can Ping the tablet trough LAN from the PC, I cannot PING the PC from the tablet (or my iPhone).

SeviceFirewall.exe is on Firewall list.

I have also a company PANDA ADAPTATIVE DEVENSE 360 that is run by IT... but it was working well an the app is working on the PC side. Usually it blocks the app to run at all.

next I will reboot my home router...

Sigh...

PS I also cannot pint the PC from the Router. (the PC is connected trough an ethernet 1GB connection cable to the router...)

MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

EDIT 2: The router restart dind't work. Still cannot ping and getting the STATUS ON (idle)

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mjb,

Posted by: @mjb

SeviceFirewall.exe is on Firewall list.

Can you also check if C:\Windows\system32\spacedeskService.exe is also in the firewall list?
Can you also try to run services.msc on your primary machine, find spacedeskService and restart it?

MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

Hi @Lea,

Thanks for the reply. The Firewall lists C:\Windows\system32\spacedeskService.exe (not ServiceFirewall.exe). My mistake at 3/4 AM locally when writing it.

Restarted spacedeskService with no results.(both Restart and Stop/Start). Also uninstall the app restart PC and install again...

I've been trying with one of our IT ADMINS to grasp this to no avail... Group Policies do not apply. PANDA as no record of blocking anything. We tried to create a local only account on my PC and didn't work there either. He tried to install it a his PC an it run perfectly without any problems. I've tried do install at a second PC at my home, although Win 7, and it also run perfectly without any problems (both Android &iPhone).

Sigh... its system related but I don't know what. Something is blocking my machine of receiving inbound connections even when they are on the firewall list.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mjb,
Can you check the current network profile of your primary machine? Is it Private or Public?

MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

HI again,

I've been trying with the IT Admin team  to pinpoint the error. We now know it's being blocked by Panda Adaptative Defense 360 although no event is shown in Panda App. Once we suspended temporarily the Panda the app could run successfully and the iPhone and tablet could connect and also ping the PC. Even with Panda with the Firewall option On and all of the others off (see attached screenshot)

We are still testing if the Panda when back on stops the connection or not. We do not know why and how that happens. It occurs also the same with 2 other IP Webcam Apps that work, well kind of, like spacedesk app (PC server App, Client app through IP).

I'm on a Private newtork @home, but also on and off with our VPN. It worked seamlessly in the past few weeks. When connecting on/off the VPN there is not even a glitch visible in the connection to client spacedesk app. It is a superb behavior.

I will keep you posted on any update if the current solution is enough or not (i.e.to stop panda connect  Spacedesk & enable Panda again).

Thanks for the help.

MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

Hi there,

back to square 1...

Panda reset to default and after a while SpaceDesk stopped working. Tried to disable again all Panda options and couldn't connect... don't really know what it is...

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mjb,
Now with all Panda options are disabled, did you also try to switch spacedesk server ON/OFF or restart the spacedeskService in services.msc?

Posted by: @mjb

with 2 other IP Webcam Apps

What about this app? Does it still work after Panda reset?

MJB
 MJB
Registered
(@mjb)

Hi again,

We figure it out temporarily, but it is an insane behaviour.

If the firewall option is Off on Panda SpaceDesk doesn't work.

If Firewall option is ON (not default on my organization, they use other firewall setup) Spacedesk works... (also other IP Webcam software I use)

For policy reasons, locally at my PC I can only change panda options for a limited amount of time (up to 24). So I have to check back the Firewall On  again each day until a permanent fix...

Panda Adaptative Defense 360 had an app update the night before Sapcedesk stopped working... It was probably this.

Go figure... 

Thanks again for your care. Hope this helps also someone.

MJB

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum