Spacedesk lags with...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Spacedesk lags with iPad Air 1st gen  

Adamskyy
Registered
(@adamskyy)

So like the title says, I'm getting a significiant lag on my 1st gen iPad Air when moving cursor, windows, etc. 

My internet connection is good and stable (fiber, 300Mb/s download, 30Mb/s upload, low ping) (iPad gets only 100Mb/s but it shouldn't be a problem), and my PC is god-tier (i7 10700KF, RTX 3080, 16GB 3600MHz)

Messing with the setting in viewer doesn't help (currently my settings are: 1280x960, mid-tier quality, low colours and 60fps [but it definitely doesn't feel like 60fps, settings in windows are correct])

I've tried also connecting my iPhone X (which is able to get 300Mb/s, and here everything works really good on highest settings)

Tried making wifi direct hotspot from my PC to an iPad, didn't really made any difference.

What can be done to fix it?

6 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @adamskyy
So the lag only happens on your iPad device only?
On your iPhone X, there's no lag, correct?

Maybe your iPad is connected on wifi network with different network band/frequency?
Are all machines connected on the network with the same network band/frequency (e.g. 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz)?

Adamskyy
Registered
(@adamskyy)

Posted by: @spacedesklea

Hi @adamskyy
So the lag only happens on your iPad device only?
On your iPhone X, there's no lag, correct?

Maybe your iPad is connected on wifi network with different network band/frequency?
Are all machines connected on the network with the same network band/frequency (e.g. 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz)?

Yes, two devices are on the same frequecy, tried 2,4GHz and 5GHz, didn't really made a difference, only 2,4 is slightly slower

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @adamskyy,
Thanks for the feedback.
Can you possibly try to connect the spacedesk from your iPad over WiFi Direct/Hotspot or USB tethering connection and check if it makes any difference in terms of performance?
For assistance, please check Performance tuning -> Network Bandwidth chapter in our user manual https://spacedesk.net/user-manual.

Adamskyy
Registered
(@adamskyy)

Hi @adamskyy,
Thanks for the feedback.
Can you possibly try to connect the spacedesk from your iPad over WiFi Direct/Hotspot or USB tethering connection and check if it makes any difference in terms of performance?
For assistance, please check Performance tuning -> Network Bandwidth chapter in our user manual removed link

Already tried, performance is the same

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @adamskyy
Does your iPad have the same iOS version as your iPhone X?

Adamskyy
Registered
(@adamskyy)

Hi @adamskyy
Does your iPad have the same iOS version as your iPhone X?

iPhone has iOS 14.4, iPad has iOS 12.5.2 (since it hasn't got support for newer iOS versions)

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum