spacedesk keeps on ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

spacedesk keeps on taking over primary monitor each reboot  

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)

i have this issue were i need to do a repair driver in control panel each boot because spacedesk keeps on taking over the primary monitor and not extending the display. each time I do the repair then mess with windows start menu so i have to restart it through command prompt. 

Primary Maching: Windows 10 version  20H2
Secondary Machine: IPAD IOS 14.4
Primary GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750 with Nvidia Driver 457.30
Connection Type: Wireless in 5Ghz

16 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,
You can easily set the primary display back to your main monitor using display settings window, you don't have to repair/reinstall and reboo tyour primary machine every time.

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)

I did that but there is only one display showing in display settings in windows 10.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,
1 display only upon spacedesk connect? no second detached display?

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,
This screenshot is from the spacedesk viewer app, right?

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8h5llgi8c2ig3g/2021_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for a few seconds then try to disconnect), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,
Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
Can you quickly try the steps below:
- click spacedesk tray icon to open the spacedesk server window
- click the menu "..." button then select "Clear All Display Settings"
- then try again to connect the spacedesk client

Looking forward to your feedback.

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)

still the same. I forgot to mention that I don't do full shutdown of my PC and usually leave it on hibernate so I can quickly go back to what am I doing. maybe hibernate something has to do with it?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,

Posted by: @eyong3131

maybe hibernate something has to do with it?

we are not sure.. we checked here and we cannot reproduce the same issue on our side..
so if you repair the driver, it will work again as extension, correct?

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)

i did a shutdown and its working, I guess its the hibernate. here are some video when pc came from hibernate

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,
Thanks for the info.
We will continue investigating this issue and get back to you if we have any news regarding this topic.

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)

and here's a video when I do the repair in control panel that messes with windows task menu

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @eyong3131,
On which graphics adapter does your main monitor attached? Nvidia or intel?
If it's Nvidia, can you please try to update your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 driver from their website https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx.

eyong3131
Registered
(@eyong3131)

still the same, it happens every time I leave my PC in hibernate for a few hours or overnight... if you did a hibernate and power on the PC immediately then the spacedesk will not overtake the main monitor. try leaving the PC in hibernate for a few hours or overnight to recreate the problem.

L1ES
 L1ES
Registered
(@l1es)

As I understand, I have a similar problem, so I'll write here.

I have a nettop that is connected via HDMI to a TV. The computer (nettop) is always turned ON.

If first I run the application on a smartphone (android) and connect to a computer, then turning on the TV, the image is not displayed on TV. In the display settings in Windows, it is displayed that only one screen is supposedly connected.

The correct procedure should be that first the TV is turned on and the image is displayed on it, after which you can open the application on the smartphone, then all will be work fine.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @l1es,
to see if this is really the same problem, can you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information" and send us the output file (dxdiag.txt).
It would also be helpful to tell us the current screen resolution of your TV monitor and Android viewer.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum