Notifications
Clear all

Spacedesk is making my PC VERY slowly  

LUBE
 LUBE
Registered
(@lube)
Eminent Member

I have the Background program Wallpaper Engine that makes Animated Wallpaper an my PC. I have on my spacedesk displays the wallpaper off, but on my 2 Displays directly to my PC got the wallpaper VERY Slowly, i had to change the wallpaper to easy animated Wallpapers. Can you please make Spacedesk not to use much Cpu BUT GPU?

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lube,
Our spacedesk display consumes GPU memory since we are getting the desktop screen updates from the main graphics adapter and uses CPU for image compression before sending the frame updates over the network.
If you are experiencing slow performance, possible reasons are the following:
- Probably CPU or GPU limitation (maybe try to update your graphics adapter driver)
- Maybe your router is buffering (no matter how fast the network is). You should probably try WiFi Direct or USB tethering connection between your primary machine and android device to verify.

There are few more things you can try to improve performance. Please check our Performance tuning chapter in our user manual. 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @lube,
follow up question: Does the lag also happens on your main monitor? or only in spacedesk displays?
LUBE
 LUBE
Registered
(@lube)
Eminent Member

Yes, it happens on my main Monitor too. That's strange

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lube,
Thanks for confirmation.
This lag issue even on main monitor is a known issue of spacedesk at the moment.
We will fix it very soon.
We will get back to you as soon as we have a new version with a potential fix for this issue.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum