Notifications
Clear all

spacedesk DRIVER doesn't save setting 'Minimize to tray upon close'  

akc
 akc
Registered
(@akc)

Hi there

I have a minor but quite annoying issue. The bug description is in the title. To reproduce:

1. Open app
  2. Click '...' button to open menu
  3. Check 'Minimize to tray upon close'
  4. Restart app
  5. The option is unchecked again.

Started to notice this bug on the version 0.9.78. The same with the recent version (0.9.79)

My OS: Windows 10 20H2

Thanks!

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @akc,

Posted by: @akc

Restart app

How did you restart the app?

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

i can confirm this behavior. it is present since i use spacedesk (version 0.9.54) probably in earlier versions as well. just a little annoying. but here is one thing which is a little more annoying: after automatic reconnect the icon of the spacedesk server software pops up in foreground everytime. it would be nice to have the option to reduce those pop ups just in case of non successful reconnects.

best regards

peter

ps. by the way, this is a great piece of software 🙂

akc
 akc
Registered
(@akc)
Posted by: @spacedesklea

How did you restart the app?

Usually, I shut down or restart my laptop. But I just tried to terminate both (via task manager): tray app and service, and start them again - the same behaviour, it doesn't save that option state.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @akc and @el_viejo,
I see. The "Minimize to tray upon close" settings will only be saved while spacedesk server is running once you restart the spacedeskService or reboot your primary machine it will reset to it's default settings which is unchecked.

Current spacedesk BETA version does not have any security feature yet, so this tray app window that always pop up for every viewer connection serves as a security so user will be aware that there's a current active connection.

el_viejo
Registered
(@el_viejo)

hi lea, i understand the intention of this behavior from a security point of view. nevertheless would it be great to leave this as standard behavior and at the same time give the user the option to save the "minimize to tray upon close" setting as well as the option "do not pop up upon connection". so this is a feature request 🙂 thank you very much.

best regards
peter

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum