Spacedesk doesn't r...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Spacedesk doesn't register more than one key held down at a time  

Filiptod
Registered
(@filiptod)

I'm having an issue when trying to play games. Framerate is great, wifi latency seems very acceptable, but when I try holding down multiple keys, for instance moving forward by holding "W", then trying to move forward and left by also holding "A", it stops "W" from being registered and my character stops moving. It seems as if Spacedesk is canceling the previous key-down and isn't sending both or more keys being held down at the same time. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Topic Tags
4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @filiptod,

Can you tell us more about your setup?
what is your viewer type/secondary machine? Android/iOS/Windows?
Which game are you playing?
We will try to reproduce it here.

For further analysis please also send us your dxdiag info.
Just run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "save all information", save the output file (dxdiag.txt) and attach it on your next reply.
PS: Attach option should be visible below the text editor after your second post.

Filiptod
Registered
(@filiptod)

Thanks! The viewer and the driver are both Windows 10. I tested this on World of Warcraft Classic. In the Functionality settings I have Display and Keyboard checked, as well as "Mouse local (use as touch)" and "Touchscreen (absolute)". I have tried all other options for mouse and touchscreen but still get the same issue. Something tells me the issue may be with the type of laptop I have. It's an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo with two built-in screens, a primary and a small secondary screen above the keyboard, so I'm wondering if that secondary display could be causing some problems. I am able to "disconnect" it via the settings and only run the primary screen, though I still get the same keyboard issue. When I press the keys, I noticed that sometimes if I quickly press between "W" and "A" for instance, and then finish by holding down "A", the character starts to turn for a fraction of a second, stops for about half a second, then starts turning again. I'm trying to be as detailed as possible and will add any other strange behavior I come across.

Filiptod
Registered
(@filiptod)

Here is the dxdiag file.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @filiptod,

Thanks for the detailed info.
We will try to install the same game here and reproduce it.
We will get back to you as soon as we have follow up questions or if we have a possible fix for you to test.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum