Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
spacedesk causing B...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

spacedesk causing BSODs on Windows 10 over USB Tethering (continuing thread from Play Store review)  

GclDk
Registered
(@gcldk)

Hi, this is in reference to my review and your subsequent response:

Review:

"I found spacedesk as an alternative to Superdisplay (which I couldn't afford post the trial, but worked wonderfully). Having configured spacedesk to a near native experience, I thought I'd found a free alternative to Superdisplay but unfortunately, spacedesk is consistently causing BSODs on my Windows 10 machine (20H2 build 19042.685, i5-8250U, Intel UHD 620). I hope the developers can resolve this as spacedesk works truly well when it works."

Developer Response:

"Hi
Is spacedesk connected over USB tethering?
For further discussion, please contact support https://forum.spacedesk.ph or email us at AndroidApp@spacedesk.ph."

I was, indeed, using spacedesk over USB tethering. The BSOD error code, if I recall correctly, mentioned an attempt to write read-only memory.

<a href=" removed link ">Here's (drive.google.com) a zip file of my dxdiag info and minidump file.

6 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gcldk,
In some cases, when spacedesk is connected over USB tethering connection, the USB driver used by USB tethering network causes a BSOD crash.
Please try to update the Windows USB driver via Windows Update.

Could you please send us the most recent *.dmp file located in C:\Windows\minidump folder, to further analyze and verify if this is the same case.
Please save the *.dmp file in a folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.
PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

GclDk
Registered
(@gcldk)

My system drivers are fully up to date. Windows Update doesn't show any possible driver or OS upgrades.

I'm not able to include a link or upload files as of yet so I'll upload the files when I can.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gcldk,
Link is not allowed to post due to security issues.
Please check if the "Attach option" is now visible (below the text editor) on your side.

gcldk2
Registered
(@gcldk2)

@spacedesk Lea my account (GclDk) was banned for reason with no way to contact the moderators.

gcldk2
Registered
(@gcldk2)

@spacedesklea my account (GclDk) was banned for reason with no way to contact the moderators.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @gcldk2,
we are very sorry for the inconvenience.
we have already unbanned your account.
Our current site automatically bans any first time users that posted URL/links or multiple similar posts.

For future reference, you can contact the admin by replying to forum@spacedesk.ph email.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum