Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
SpaceDesk Bug with ...

SpaceDesk Bug with Nvidia GT710 with 2nd Output VGA Connector?  

EvilBoomer
Registered
(@evilboomer)

2ndPC 1920x1080 and Smartphone 2160x1080 or 1280x720. Extend Work but Duplicate give me a 2048x1536!.

<a title="Wrong Resolution Image" href=" removed link "> removed link

8 Replies
EvilBoomer
Registered
(@evilboomer)

My Monitor is Asus VK278Q, 1920x1080, HDMI, DVI, VGA and DisplayPort Input.

For Firsti I have installed in my primary PC with Nvidia 1060 connected with DVI Cable to my Monitor and use a BlackView 9500 Smartphone, all work fine, extend and duplicate. PC 1920x1080 and Smartphone 2160x1080 or 1280x720. Working perfect.

The problem was when I have try to use in my secondary PC with Nvidia 710 connected with Vga Cable (Secondary Exit). With extend work fine, but when I choice Duplicate, for sure something wrong happens, because my Monitor turn off with Out of Range Popup.

Settings are the same, PC 1920x1080 and Smartphone 2160x1080 or 1280x720. So I have duplicate the screen and from Smartphone I have check the resolution, as you can see, for strange reasons, instead have 1920x1080 for PC, I get 2048x1536!. And I can't change it. 

For sure this was a BUG because my secondary PC use VGA Output instead DVI primary Output, for some strange reasons, the resolution get changed. OR maybe was a bug for SpaceDesk not working fine with VGA Output Secondary? I have not time now to check if I connected Secondary PC with DVI instead VGA for check what happens. Also because the cable was too short for connecting both.

Link to Image:

removed link

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Hi @evilboomer,
What is your secondary PC's operating system? Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10?
And what is the default screen resolution of its primary display/monitor?
Could you please run dxdiag.exe on this machine, click "Save All Information" then attach the output file (dxdiag.txt) on your next reply.
Does the native and custom resolutions settings in spacedesk viewer on your smartphone are both enabled?
Can you maybe attach the image you are trying to send us. Posting a link is disabled due to security reasons.
EvilBoomer
Registered
(@evilboomer)

0) However I have connected 2nd PC with Nvidia GT710 with HDMI output at my Monitor, and infact, SpaceDesk work perfect with Duplicate and Extend (prob this work also with DVI-D but can't check and however I can't use it). But if I use GT710 VGA output only Extend working, Duplicate give Out of Range. Also I attack the dxdiag and screenshot of VGA error. So if we can try to fix it is better, because is true I have 4 Inputs in my Asus, but for 2nd PC I have only VGA to use. Because HDMI was already used, DVI same, and no DisplayPort in my 2nd PC. The only solution if VGA not working, is get a HDMI or DVI Switch for 1st PC and 2nd PC.

1) Is true, I have fixed the thing for my 2nd PC, but have found SpaceDesk is incompatible with Microsoft Remote Desktop, because in my 2nd PC I have Vegas, VmWare and other stuff and I share it with a friend and him have only a old PC with Windows XP, so my friend help me to convert some Videos with Vegas and he have to work with Vmware Mac Mojave and other things he can't with XP. Obvious when he is Connected with RDP I can't see nothing and I not know if he online or not, so sometime when I login with RDP or Native with Switching my Asus Monitor Input I steal the session at him or sometime he steal at me. So I have hope, I can use SpaceDesk for duplicate the screen to my Smartphone, for checking what happens if he is online, then watch how to use Vegas, Mojave and other things but when RDP are ON, SpaceDesk show me the W10 Login 🙁 And I think this is a end way, not a solution, because RDP kick out SpaceDesk. Infact when I have to learning this things, I switch output to my Asus then we use Anydesk and i can watching the lesson 🙂 and however is true Anydesk and SpaceDesk working both, but this is not a solution, because AnyDesk give trouble to my friend, he have XP 1028x768, when he use Anydesk he have to scroll everything because I have 1920x1080, obvious he have not any trouble with RDP.

EvilBoomer
Registered
(@evilboomer)

2) Little Story about my PC's Config.

I have a 1st Monitor Asus 1920x1080 28" and have Both PC Connected, then after someone gift me a 2st Monitor Samsung 1366x768 19"

Now I have again both PC's connected to my Asus Monitor at 1920x1080 and when I have to check 2nd PC for a while, instead switch Monitor Input and Press Mouse-Keyboard USB Switch, I use a Microsoft Remote Desktop and get same 1920x1080. So you can ask, why you not use your gifted 2nd Monitor? Simple, because if I use 2nd Monitor with my 2nd PC when I login with RDP I have some resolution problem, just for example eMule, I have setup a view for 1920x1080, resize the column for show the infos and etcetc. Now if I use my 2nd PC with Samsung Native, all are mess for different resolution then when I go back with a RDP Session is same thing, Windows not remember what I have choice, instead show me the thing happens when 1366x768 was used.

3) However I hope we can find a solution for this thing or almost to fix 2nd pc VGA error, for the rest I can use SpaceDesk for extend my 1st PC, is not bad, found a good thing also if I start with another idea 🙂

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
So you mean with your second PC (Nvidia GT710) with monitor (1920x1080 as default resolution), upon duplication to your smartphone, the display switches to 2048x1536 resolution, right?
Could you please try the following:
- on your spacedesk android viewer settings -> resolution, please check the "Use custom resolution", click Choose Custom Resolution, then select 1920x1080.
- then connect your spacedesk viewer to your PC (Nvidia GT710), then switch to mirror mode
- if it still shows the wrong resolution 2048x1536, check on display settings if you can switch it to 1920x1080.
Looking forward to your feedback.
EvilBoomer
Registered
(@evilboomer)

Exact, In my First PC work perfect, in Second PC not working, not matter what I choice in Android. When i choice Duplicate, my Asus Monitor give Out of Range. 

The problem is VGA Output. Because if I connect 2nd PC with a HDMI Cable work perfect, prob because HDMI is primary Output for GT710, but VGA is secondary Output.

For sure when I choice Duplicate, Windows search for a Display, but instead check also Secondary Display, he go only for Primary Display and with no cable, he auto set for strange reasons to 2048x1536, also if he have a active Display via VGA.

I have try also a Nvidia 750TI in my 2nd PC, same thing, via HDMI work perfect, with DVI-I->VGA not working, because is same config, HDMI is Primary Output and DVI-I is secondary Output, maybe this is a bug for Nvidia Driver.

However for my 1st PC work perfect, for my 2nd PC is not very important, because I have to duplicate a RDP Session and they go in conflit, RDP not allowed SpaceDesk to Mirror or Duplicate. And I not need to duplicate or mirror a Win10 Session in my 2nd PC. I have to search something is able to leave me watching what happened in a RDP Session, the only thing I see with SpaceDesk is the Login Screen, same thing I see if I change the Input in my Asus. And I think RDP is a session closed and I never found anything able to not send me at Login Screen.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
This is probably a limitation in using VGA output and it's not a bug in spacedesk.
Maybe you can try to verify it by plugging 2 monitors in your secondary pc.
Without spacedesk installed, plug 1 HDMI monitor and 1 VGA monitor on your PC (Nvidia GT710) then open the display settings, try to duplicate both monitor and check if you also observed the same problem.

By the way, current spacedesk version does not support RDP session yet.
We are currently very busy with higher prioritized features and we don't have enough customers requesting for this specific feature.
It might be available in the free version in the longer term future, but definitely not in short to mid-term future.
EvilBoomer
Registered
(@evilboomer)

I have try to re-attach 2nd Samsung Monitor to VGA and 1st Asus with HDMI (working fine). With SpaceDesk not running and Service Disabled.

I am sure is Win10 dumb-like-a-hero bug. When I have only VGA connected, for some strange reasons the MultiMonitor is redirect only to HDMI.

However now I have discovered the /Shadow for RDP, so I have solved how to watch a RDP Connection with a friend and share my Pc.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register