Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Primary machine keeps on disconnecting  

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi,

after installing the newest versions my primary engige crashes periodically.

Installed versions: PE Beta 0.9.78 on Win10 64bit
Viewer app iOS: 1.0.39 operating on iPadOS 14.3

The issue started with the update to Beta 0.9.78. once the viewer app is connected, the status of the primary engibe switches to ON (disconnected) after a certain while. Sometimes it takes just a few seconds, sometimes some minutes or even longer (up to 10... 20 minutes). As a result the viewer app freezes and needs to be closed and restarted.
In addition, the is a huge time delay on the viewer app once moving windows from the main sreen to the iPad or doing some action.

I also uninstalled the iPadOS app as well as the primary engine for e new installation from scretch without any further changes to the described problem.

Any idea what might solve the issue?

46 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Is spacedeks connected over wireless network?
If yes, is your wireless network stable/reliable?

Did you notice any error notification on primary machine upon disconnection?

For further analysis, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save All Information", then attach the output file (dxdiag.txt) on your next reply.
PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

thx for your reply. My PC with primary machine is connected via LAN to the router, the iPad via WLAN. The connection used to be very reliable before updating to version Beta 0.9.78. The Wifi is very stable. 

There are no error notifications on PM upon disconnection. The screen freezes for a couple of seconds, then the connection is interrupted.

dxdiag.txt will be uploaded with the next post.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

dxdiag.txt as attachment included

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Thanks for sending your dxdiag.
Do you maybe have nvidia ShadowPlay/Instant replay/screen recording enabled?
If yes, please switch it off before connecting spacedesk.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

thx for your support. However these options are not enabled within the nvidia geforce experience settings.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hi together,
since i have installed the latest version of Server 0.9.78 and using also the latest viewer version from the microsoft store i have the same problems.

It appears in such a way that after a short time of using Spacedesk, the "Explorer" process on the server restarts (Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 20H2) and then the network connections to the viewers are also interrupted. If I use the viewer (current version from the Microsoft Store), the connection is interrupted and no longer established - only a restart of the viewer PC (also Windows 10 Pro 64Bit 20H2) allows a connection again. Also, the screen turns off after time set in Windows, even if an active connection and also display of the extended monitor of the server is running.

If I use the Viewer BETA 0.9.28 version on the viewer PC, the connection is also interrupted when the "Explorer" process on the server are restarted, but the viewer remains active and waits for the new connection from the server.

I have now uninstalled the current version of the server and reinstalled the previous version BETA 0.9.76. There are still crashes and restarts of the Explorer from time to time, but the connection to the viewers remains active.

All computers used are connected with LAN (1GB).

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Thanks for confirmation.

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilm5em35h0ygsfm/2020_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
Could you please also try this:

Posted by: @spacedesklea

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilm5em35h0ygsfm/2020_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by connecting the viewer app and wait for the issue to happen), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Attached you will find the debug files.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
Thanks for sending the diagnostic logs.
Currently you have an older spacedesk Driver v0.9.76 on your machine, could you please try our updated driver v0.9.78 on our website. https://spacedesk.net/
Then let us know if you still get the same problem.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hi Lea,
i reinstalled the older version because with the updated driver 0.9.76 was always a need to restart the "server" computer. No possibility to stop in driver in the task manager.
But i will install the latest version on the server and will start the diagnostic again. 
There is also still existing the problem that the viewer will switch of the monitor based on the screensaver setup. The viewer is running alsways in full screen mode. So you have to go to the viewer, moving the mouse and the monitor is back.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
Yes, please try the latest driver v0.9.78.

Windows Viewer app form Microsoft store does not have the "Keep Monitor Active" feature yet.
Currently, it's only available on our old Windows 7 Viewer app.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

In this log you have several issues ending with a need of the restart of the server os to connect again from a viewer.

The zip is 8MB - how can i send it to you because of the limitation of 3MB

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member
DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

One more debug file. Started from a rebooted server

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,

Thanks for sending a new diagnostic logs. Could you please run devmgmt.msc on your primary machine, check underneath Display adapters if you can find "Unknown" device, if it's there could you please right-click "Uninstall device", make sure to check the "Delete the driver software for this device.", reboot your primary machine and try again with spacedesk.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

in attach you receive the logs.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Thanks for sending the diagnostic files. We are currently analyzing it.
In the mean time, could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver v0979 which is now available on our website https://spacedesk.net/.
Then let us know if the same problem still persist.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

thx. I just dowloaded the new version V0979. However the same problem appears.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hi Lea,
i've also downloaded the latest version V0979. It seems to be better, but the Explorer process is still restarting many times without a "real" dependency to the use of the computer. But the connection to the viewer looks stable. 

I have two viewer tasks running on the viewer pc. Both are in fullscreen mode. Both viewers are working correctly. I have disabled the screensaver on the viewer pc as recommended. If I now wait until the server PC switches off the monitor, the message "Connected - but switched off" also appears on both viewers.
If I move the mouse on the server PC again, the two viewer tasks are also supplied with the image of the server PC again. Only one of the two viewer tasks always switches out of fullscreen mode. Otherwise both viewers work. I can also switch the viewer back to fullscreen mode and everything works. Restarting the Explorer task on the server PC does not seem to affect the connection.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,

Posted by: @spacedesklea

Could you please run devmgmt.msc on your primary machine, check underneath Display adapters if you can find "Unknown" device, if it's there could you please right-click "Uninstall device", make sure to check the "Delete the driver software for this device.", reboot your primary machine and try again with spacedesk.

By the way, did you find the Unknown device in device manager and uninstall it?

Another thing you can try, please download the latest/last version of your NVIDIA Quadro 1000M driver from their website: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
The last release date is 2017.7.24.

And also try to update your Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 graphics driver, you can download and install an updated Intel driver here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html.
Check if that's already the last driver version.

And if the restarting explorer is still happening, could you please run again the diagnostic script and send us a new diagnostic logs for further analysis.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hello Lea,
All driver are up-to-date. No more unknown device.
But the restarting explorer is still happening, how can i forward the debug zip to you, because its 3,6 MB?

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member
DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member
helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

I just updated the primary machine to version v0980 and updated the Nvidia drivers to the current version. However the problem still remains. Any ideas for a stable solution? Thx!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
The zipped files are encrypted and asking for a password.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Part 1 again - sorry for the password - it was done by the system 🙂

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver v0981 on our website.
Then check if there's an improvement on your machine.
Looking forward to your feedback.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
Thanks for sending a new diagnostic logs.
Based on your dxdiag info, you still have the "Unknown" device on your device manager.
Could you please run devmgmt.msc, click the View tab and check "Show hidden devices", then go to Display adapters and check if there's "Unknown" device.

Another question, are you running other applications (e.g. video player) while spacedesk is connected and explorer is restarting?

Could you please also try our most recent spacedesk Driver v0981 on our website.
Then check if there's any improvement on your machine.
Looking forward to your feedback.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

thx for your feedback and your continous support. I just installed the new version v0981, however the problem is still there.
As additional information: after the connection between the iPad and the PM gets lost, the screen on the iPad freezes and displays the last screen environment before the connection got lost. I need to pinch in order to close the screen, then leave the display an reconnect again.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hi Lea,

in the msc i cannot found any unknown devices.

no additional program is running - only windows.

in the debug file there are still several restarts of the explorer task.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Thanks for the feedback.
With the latest spacedesk Driver, how long before it disconnects?
It seems that there are 2 issues here:
1. disconnection from server due to Timeout detection and recovery (TDR)
2. iOS viewer not disconnecting/reconnecting properly (which is currently a known issue in our iOS viewer app)

Did you notice any screen flickering on your main monitor before the disconnection?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
Thanks for sending an updated diagnostic logs.
Do you have other programs running simultaneously while spacedesk is connected?
Any other display connections?

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

thx for your feedback and support.

The time before disconnection varies a lot. Yesterday it seemed to work very stable and I got the first disconnection after more than 50 minutes. After reconnection, it took only 5-10 minutes and the connection got lost three times. After that it worked more stable for more than 30 minutes. There seems to be no pattern.

And yes, the main monitor flickers before disconnection.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @helli_muc,
Thanks for the info.
We have a machine with similar GPU as yours NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980.
We are trying to reproduce the same issue on our side but so far we haven't encountered it yet.
We will get back to you as soon as we have further news or new version for you to test.

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hello Lea,
i spend a lot of time to find out whats the problem.

As you wrote me i deleted all video card entries in the Hardware except the spacedesk card.
After the reboot the systems found only the internal video card, it was not possible to install the card from the docking station again (new driver, many tries - no chance), after uninstalling the spacedesk server and a reboot, the video card from the docking station was found again and the external monitors connected to the docking station working as well.

The installation of the latest spacedesk server was without any problems and the system is running with an additional pc (win10). There are running spacedesk viewer twice. 

But the restart of the explorer task are still happen on the "server" pc. And a new error occurs, My video player VLC in the latest version crashs on every start. No chance to play a mp4 file oder a stream. Uninstall and reinstall of VLC has no positive effect.

The effects on the viewer (switching from full mode in windows mode after the screensaver was active on ther server pc) are still there.

helli_muc
Registered
(@helli_muc)

Hi Lea,

I installed the latest Win10 version v0982 last Saturday (06/02/21). Since then it seems to work very stable and I haven't had a dissconect since then...
I keep u updated.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,

Posted by: @docreyzl

But the restart of the explorer task are still happen on the "server" pc. And a new error occurs, My video player VLC in the latest version crashs on every start. No chance to play a mp4 file oder a stream.

This is only happening when spacedesk viewer is connected, right?

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

That’s happen when the driver is installed. I have deinstalled the driver and everything is working. After a cleanup of the registry, reboot and a new installation of the your driver, everything is working again including vlc and word 2019

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
Ah I see.. so the problem is probably some errors in the registry and it's solved now?

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hi Lea 

the restart of explorer task is still happen many times. And sometimes it ends in a black screen so the only way to get a screen back is a reboot.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,
explorer is crashing even if spacedesk is not connected?

I noticed on your last dxdiag a WER report about crashing explorer.exe and it was associated by ACDeskBand64.dll file which is a file related to Access Connections Deskband Module of Lenovo.
Are you currently using Access Connections Deskband Module?

DocReyzl
Registered
(@docreyzl)
Eminent Member

Hi Lea,
i do not use this Module but i will deinstall this and everything araound this module as well.
the restart of the explorer task doesn´t happened without the spacedesk driver.
But i will try it without any "lenovo" stuff.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @docreyzl,

FYI: Keep Monitor Active is now available on spacedesk Windows Viewer app on Microsoft Store. You can enable it on Settings -> Display -> Keep display on option.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum