Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Primary Machine can...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Primary Machine cannot be detected when ethernet cable is used.  

miealch123
Registered
(@miealch123)

I have a PC and a laptop that are both Windows 10 and my PC doesn't have wifi so I use ethernet cable for it. I am using PC as my primary machine and my laptop can't detect it from the viewer with wireless . I have tried other solutions but none of them seems to work.

So I tried diagnosing the problem by installing the primary space desk for my laptop and having my viewer set for my phone and it worked. However, when i placed the ethernet cable on my laptop, my phone couldn't detect it and if I manually placed the ip address of the primary pc, it still doesn't work. 

How can i fix this problem? 

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @miealch123

Posted by: @miealch123

I have a PC and a laptop that are both Windows 10 and my PC doesn't have wifi so I use ethernet cable for it. I am using PC as my primary machine and my laptop can't detect it from the viewer with wireless .

However, when i placed the ethernet cable on my laptop, my phone couldn't detect it

Does your ethernet on your PC and wifi network on laptop/phone the same local area network?  

primary space desk for my laptop and having my viewer set for my phone and it worked

I assume, they are both connected on the same wireless network. That's why it worked.

miealch123
Registered
(@miealch123)
Posted by: @spacedesklea

Does your ethernet on your PC and wifi network on laptop/phone the same local area network?  

Yes they do. However, they are only different from the final number which is
and the other is .2 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @miealch123
Thanks for the feedback.
Can you please check if your ethernet network on your PC is Private or Public?
You can check it on windows settings -> Network & Internet -> Ethernet, click the ethernet network and check the network profile if it's Public or Private.

Can you also possibly check if the ethernet network and wifi network are both on the same frequency (e.g. 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz)?

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum