Option to "Keep Scr...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Option to "Keep Screen On"  

mmccutcheon
Registered
(@mmccutcheon)

I am running server v0.9.78 and Windows viewer v0.0.17.0.  On the Windows Viewer, there used to be several options that seem to be missing in the latest version.  The option that I miss most is the option to keep the screen on (so the screen saver / power save wouldn't activate on the PC running the Viewer.  Are there any plans to readd this option?  The other option I used is to automatically connect to a Server.  Will this option be added as well?  Thanks for a great tool!

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mmccutcheon,

"Keep Monitor Active" option in most recent spacedesk UWP Viewer app (from Microsoft Store) is currently being implemented.
This feature will be available again very soon, we will let you know as soon as it's available.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mmccutcheon,
Please try our most recent spacedesk Viewer App (v0.0.19.0) from Microsoft Store.
The requested feature is now available on Settings -> Display -> Keep display on option.

MarkusMK
Registered
(@markusmk)

Thank you very much. It works great.

Is it possible to set an option that the monitor of the secondary machine turns off when the primary monitor goes into standby?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @markusmk,

Posted by: @markusmk

when the primary monitor goes into standby?

You mean, when the primary machine goes to Monitor/Display Off?

If that's the case, the viewer app will go on "Display Off" status too and the "Keep Display On" in the viewer will not take effect, and secondary machine will also turn off its display (if currently set).

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum