Only IPv6 connectio...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Only IPv6 connections go through  

Adryzz
Registered
(@adryzz)

Hello. i've been using spacedesk for  a year now, and it always worked well.

Today, i wanted to use my laptop as a third screen for my desktop, so i set up a local network between them by using an ethernet cable (network card to network card, as i can't use my router right now).

I set up all sharing settings and the two PCs can copy files to one another at full (1Gbps) speed.

But when i entered the IP of the server into the client, it didn't find the host.

So i tried pinging it, and i found out that only IPv6 requests go through, while IPv4 do not.

But since at the moment spacedesk doesn't support IPv6 (i hope it gets added soon) does anyone know how i can make it work? (i tried using my hotspot and yes, everything works fine but the latency is too much and i wanna go uncompressed)

Also, can IPv6 support be added? it would be great, and i don't think (as a programmer) that it will be difficult to do.

Thanks

Topic Tags
3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @adryzz,

Did you manually configure the IPv4 address in the adapter properties on both PCs?
Did you also enable the network discovery settings on both PCs?
Is your current network profile set to Private or Public?

Yes, current spacedesk does not support IPv6 at the moment, it's in our long term plan but it's not our priority at the moment.
We are still busy on higher prioritized features and bug fixes.

Adryzz
Registered
(@adryzz)

Thanks for the answer!
I found out that there was no DHCP server so the fact that IPv6 was working was a coincidence! I'm actually buying a new router (i have to rewire the house so i'll get cat6a cables and a 10gbps router and cards to get fresh performance out of my LAN.

Still, great job!

(Btw, is it possible to add uncompressed video on android like on Windows?)

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @adryzz,
May we know why you need the uncompressed image feature on android viewer?

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum