Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Older Versions of S...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Older Versions of Spacedesk client - my client is not compatible with my server  

jmichaelkramer
Registered
(@jmichaelkramer)

My laptop at work is highly managed and I cannot update the server. 

Looks like my android tablet auto updated with the Aug 20th release to version 9.61.  This appears to be incompatible with the server version 9.34. 

If I could go back to the old version safely on my android, I can wait for a future fix or for IS to package the newer server version.

QUEST - where can I find old versions of the android app?  I want to avoid any 3rd party hosted version for fear of some malware.

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jmichaelkramer,
We don't have official download link for the older version of android viewer apps.
We always recommend user to update to latest version of viewer and driver.

Currently, we have spacedesk Driver v0.9.61 on our website, please use it together with your latest android viewer app.

jmichaelkramer
Registered
(@jmichaelkramer)

Thanks,  many corporations do not allow end users to manage the applications.  They have to re-package and distribute any new applications to do so.   It takes time for me to get them to do.  When the client upgrades and is incompatible with the server then I am dead in the water until they get to it.  I love the convenience of travelling with multiple tablets and working remotely.  This application is a god send to my COVID well being.  Thank you for making this available.

jmichaelkramer
Registered
(@jmichaelkramer)

I fixed it!
Notes for troubleshooting.  It looks like my laptop connected to 5g and the tablet was on 2G.  Same router so should not have been a problem.  I use a Linksys router.  Once they were both on the same frequency it worked fine.  I suspect this is idiosyncratic and others will not have the same problem.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum