Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] No "options" menu  

ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

First of all, thanks for this great software. I've been using it for a while with no problems at all. Today I installed the client on a very old cell phone Alcatel 6030 and everything was ok once again. But there was no "options" menu in the upper right corner, where I used to change screen resolution and other things on the other phones I'm using spacedesk on. Any idea about the reason why the menu is not there?

14 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @ghepas,
What is the android version of your phone?
What is native screen resolution of your phone?

ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

Hi Lea, android 4.2.2, screen res. 480 x 854 pixels. And the phone is Alcatel 7041D (not Alcatel 6030 as I wrote mistakenly in my previous mx.) A very old cell, but spacedesk is working very well, apart from the missing menu. The menu is missing in both vertical and horizontal view.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Thanks for the info.
We will investigate it, and will get back to you as soon as we have news regarding this issue.
ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

Hi Lea,

any news about the missing menu on my device? Did you investigate the issue?

I really need that menu to change screen resolution.

As you can see in the attached image, the menu is missing in the upper right corner.

Thank you

Bye 🙂

ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

Sorry, the attached image was too big. Here is a smaller one

Bye

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @ghepas,
The settings menu issue is already in the bug list to be fixed very soon. We will let you know as soon as we have a new version for you to test.

By the way, are you planning to set the custom resolution to a size bigger than your native screen resolution (480 x 854)?
If yes, then I think it's not possible.
On our viewer's settings -> resolution -> custom resolution list,
the only screen resolutions available are only those not bigger than the device's native screen resolution.
This is due to the black screen problem observed when switching to higher resolution.
The custom screen resolution list on this old phone is probably empty.

ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

Dear Lea, 

no, I am not planning to set the custom resolution to a size bigger than my native screen resolution. Following is a better explanation of the problem:

please look at the attached image from my PC control panel.

As you can see, the screen resolution menu for the selected screen is grayed out and the 1024x768 value can not be changed.

This means that a 1024x768px image is "squeezed" in my cell phone screen which is only 854x480px, resulting in very small and difficult to read characters.

My aim is to change that 1024x768px value to, say, 800x600px to increase readability.

Note: I have already done exactly the same thing on others cell phones, via SpaceDesk "options" menu, and I got the wanted results. 

Unfortunately, as I wrote earlier, on my Alcatel 7041D that menu is mysteriously missing.

My question is: How can I make that menu appear?

Thanx again for this great software and for your help on this issue

Bye

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @ghepas,
Can you quickly try to enable auto-rotate on your phone's settings, then run the spacedesk app check if the user interface will auto-rotate. With the phone rotated in landscape orientation please check if the option menu might become visible.
I think (I might be wrong but there's also a possibility that this is the case) it's not visible in your phone with portrait mode because the width is too small (480px).
Then let us know if my suggestion help, or not.

ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

Hi @Lea,

I checked that out: auto-rotate is already enabled and Spacedesk interface does auto-rotate correctly, but, unfortunately, the "options" menu is missing in both vertical and horizontal view. Please see attached image.

Bye 🙂

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @ghepas
Thanks for quickly trying it.
We will get back to you as soon as we have a new version released with fix for the missing settings option.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @ghepas,

According to sites likes this https://teamtreehouse.com/community/overflow-menu-does-not-appear-on-screen, our 3-dot-menu becomes invisible if there is a hard- or software-menu-button on the device.
Could you please check for the right hardware button on your phone?
This button should pop the menu.
Here is a site on how to find the menu button: http://www.kylook.com/en/faq/android-where-is-the-menu-button/

ghepas
Registered
(@ghepas)

Hi @Lea

Bingo! That did the trick! The hidden menu was there, I could change resolution to "device native" and readability improved a lot. Spacedesk is working like a charm, as usual. Thank you so much for directing me to the solution!

Salamat sa pagtulong!  🙂

lexieklim
Registered
(@lexieklim)

I am having a similar problem.  I just installed the Viewer app on my Lenovo Chromebook Duet, and am not able to see the menu at all.  Is there a keyboard shortcut that would make it show?  

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lexieklim,
We are not sure, we're not familiar with the lenovo device or if there's a keyboard shortcut to show the settings menu.
You might also try searching on the web with the similar case..
So far we can only find the solution of the missing settings for the old phones..

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum