Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Newbie question: Co...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Newbie question: Connected but can't move between monitors...  

Soundchasr
Registered
(@soundchasr)

Hi:

Just installed spacedesk.  I have 2 monitors on my computer and just added my laptop screen as a 3rd using spacedesk.  Connection works but I can't move between the PC and the laptop with the mouse.  My PC shows that I have 3 monitors now but I can't get to the 3rd (the laptop).  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Is your network reliable/stable?
Are both PC and laptop connected on wireless network?
On the display settings window of your primary machine, there's an "Identify" button, can you try to click it and check if the ID number of your third display (spacedesk on your laptop) shows the ID number - this is to verify if the screen update is working.
Please also make sure that you are moving the window to the direction where the third display is positioned.
dmdodds
Registered
(@dmdodds)

Ok I have my second laptop tethered to my smartphone for wifi hook up since my network adaptor quit on that laptop, so was able to install sd viewer on second laptop and driver repaired on main one, then i installed the spacedesk for android on my phone, and that helped connect them, but I don't know how I can move an open spreadsheet from one laptop screen to the other. Deb Dodds

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Your main laptop should also be connected on the network where the second laptop and smartphone are connected.
What kind of tethering did you set up between your phone and second laptop? Is it USB tethering or Wifi Direct?
What is your main laptop's operating system?
Soundchasr
Registered
(@soundchasr)

Thanks for the reply.  I found that if I clicked on the screen (with finger) of the laptop then the mouse would activate.  Not sure why but now it works.  

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum