Notifications
Clear all

misalignment touch Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1  

f1sd
 f1sd
Registered
(@f1sd)

Hi all,

I am using Spacedesk to use my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 as an extended touch panel to my Windows 10 PC. Everything is working fine, except that the touch is increasingly misaligned in vertical direction: at the top of the screen it matches perfectly, but at the bottom of the screen the pointer is about 100 pixels ahead of the touch.

Anyone ideas why this is so? Is there any way to correct/calibrate this?

7 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @f1sd,
This is a known bug of spacedesk android viewer. It usually happens when the bottom navigation bar of your android device is visible over the spacedesk viewer screen.
We are currently reimplementing our spacedesk Android viewer app with the new architecture.
Hopefully this will fix various bugs including yours.
Estimated release of this version is probably 3-6 months from now.
If problem still persist, please get back to us so we can fix it from there.
f1sd
 f1sd
Registered
(@f1sd)

Thank you Lea for your quick reply. It is great to hear you are aware of the problem and are working towards a solution. I really love Spacedesk! ­čÖé

titoaurelio
Registered
(@titoaurelio)

Hello,

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I'm using spacedesk app on a Toscido K107 android device as a wireless touch panel for a windows 10 PC. Tablet resolution is set to 1280 x 800 and the bottom navigation bar is not visible.

The touch is increasingly misaligned respect the pointer towards the bottom: at the top of the screen the pointer matches perfectly the touch spot, while at the bottom of the screen the pointer goes way down (approx 100 pixels down) respect the touch spot. It looks like the touch grid resolution does not match the screen resolution, causing progressive vertical misalignement.

I really hope this problem will be fixed in the next app release, because i have to say Spacedesk is otherwise really great.

Best regards,
Stefano

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Please update to most recent spacedesk Driver version 0.9.31 and spacedesk Android Viewer version 0.9.50.
The wrong touch position bug should be fixed by now.
Looking forward to your feedback.
titoaurelio
Registered
(@titoaurelio)

Hello, and thank you for quick support!

I've updated both latest Windows spacedesk driver and android viewer. I've been testing the improved app functionality and I'm happy to say that the bug has been fixed for me. Now the pointer position matches perfectly the touch spot.

There is only a minor issue that I'd like to report: when I minimize spacedesk app (without shutting it close) in order to use the android tablet for other purposes, then I go back to spacedesk either tapping on its icon, or calling it back from the recent-app button in the bottom bar, the android bottom bar itself will appear solid and always-on (instead of being transparent and auto-hiding within a few seconds) causing a slight vertical shrinking of the windows display, and causing again an increasing vertical mismatch between touch spot and pointer position - this time the pointer is shifted upwards respect the touch spot.

I can work around this problem by closing the app and launching it again: now the android bottom bar will turn transparent and hide immediately. Both resolution and touch position will be perfect. I wonder if is there a way to force the bottom bar to hide itself upon calling back the spacedesk app from recently used list, just like it was launched from scratch... this could be really useful.

Thank you again, I'm really loving spacedesk

Stefano

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Thank you for the feedback.
The fix for the wrong touch position when home button bar is visible will be available in the next version.
We will get back to you as soon as we released it.
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Please update to our latest spacedesk Android Viewer app version 0.9.53 in the playstore.
It includes a bug fix for the wrong touch position.

Please also update to our latest spacedesk Driver version 0.9.34 which is available in our website.

Looking forward to your feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright ┬ę 2020 spacedesk┬áSupport Forum