Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Minimum/Optimum specs for Android-Tablet  

d.braun1991
Registered
(@d-braun1991)

----------------------------------
Disclaimer:    I guess this is a duplicate, but I'm new and could't find the corresponding old post.
----------------------------------

Hi there,
I have a "Dell XPS 13 (9350), 2016" and a "Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+, 2014".

Sadly the connection is quite slow removed link
I guess this is due to the old hardware on the tablet side (processor / micro USB).

What is your belived chosen minimum specs for a 'good/stable connection'?
I thought of buying a recent Octa-Core Tablet with USB-C and 3 GB RAM to be on the save side.
Full HD Screeen (~ 1920x1200)
I belive that the android version is not crucial.

Additionally:
What is your (felt) minimum specs for
- viewing PDFs
- Powerpoint partly screen movement (animation)
- video "full monitor" movement?

Thanks    🙂

2 Replies
abufrejoval
Registered
(@abufrejoval)

I've just tried two 10" tablets, several generations apart, both with a screen resolution of 2560 x1600, to the left and the right of a Lenovo Whiskey Lake i7 notebook all "wired" via a 5GHz Wifi:

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (Snapdragon 855, ARM Cortex A76 quad, A53 quad)

2. Google Nexus 10 (Exynos 5250, ARM Cortex A15 dual)

The first feels really hard-wired, even Google Maps 3D renders spin an twirl at a speed that feels native, I've also run that tablet with a desktop that has an Nvidia GTX 1060 and run Rocket League on the the tablet at full resolution: Very impressive and most importantly, very little CPU load on either one of the two.

With the Nexus 10 you mostly need to manage your expectations. It also does work well enough, when you don't overdo the scrolling or moving of windows: Upright with PDF it's near perfect, because the physical screen is really rather nice. I like using it as a monitoring screen for a server farm, while I work on the notebooks primary screen and it's quite good enough for that still. From what I can tell the Lenovo is a bit better equipped than the Nexus 10, so I'd really look or rather measure the Wifi connectivity: A good 5GHz WLAN does help.

d.braun1991
Registered
(@d-braun1991)

Just to save the specs for eternity ..

1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (2019 with 7nm octa-core) works super-smooth.
2. Google Nexus 10 (2012 with 32nm dual-core) has limited capabilities of transferring data - but still works.

Both are used via WiFi. Ok. Thanks for the answer    🙂

-------------------

I'm more likely to use a wired USB connection and hope that USB-C will increase the speed.

Else I might just use WiFi as well    😀

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum