Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Maximum scaling set...

Maximum scaling settings still too small  

Aliffan
Registered
(@aliffan)

I've been using spacedesk, and I love how it can increase my productivity. I use my old phone as my external monitor. While it is usable, but:

1. Things still appear too small to conveniently be read.

2. Display size is too big to be properly arranged, resulting in some distracting spacial inconsistencies when interacting between the displays.

-

Issue number 1, things still appear too small to conveniently be read.

Currently, the spacedesk display resolution is set to 612x1088 at 125% custom scaling. At 612x1088, without custom scaling turned on, the display does not support values above 100%. The option is just greyed out. If the resolution is set to 1080x1920 (native), scaling can go up to 175%. But even with that, things appear smaller than 612x1088 at 125%.

I searched on the internet if I could set the display scaling via Regedit, or probably set custom scaling per monitor, but nothing helped me so far. Custom scaling applies to all monitors. I can't set it to larger than 125%, because that's the appropriate value for my primary monitor.

-

Issue number 2, the display size is too big to be properly arranged.

<a href=" removed link " target="true">Here's what I mean.

My phone's display appears larger than it is. I tried shrinking the size by reducing the resolution to lowest possible. That's 612x1088. I can't lower it further because the viewer app does not support resolutions lower than 600x800.

-

I'm not at all an expert in this, and I'm sorry if any of these questions are stupid.

My questions:

1. Is there a way to set a custom scaling value only for the external monitor?

2. I've read somewhere that scaling limits are dependent on the driver. Is this true?

3. Why can't I set the resolution to be smaller than 600x800?

4. Are there any potential solutions I can try to solve my issues?

Just ask if I need to clarify anything. Thanks in advance.

-

Lenovo Ideapad 310 14-IKB

Viewer: Nexus 5X

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620, NVIDIA GT-920MX

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Aliffan
Registered
(@aliffan)

I can't get the hyperlink to work. The image is attached.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Noble Member
Thank you for your detailed feedback.
Currently, spacedesk does not have its own custom scaling settings. You can only set the display scaling thru Windows display settings.
About the scaling limits, maybe it also depends on the resolution of the monitor. As you have observed if you have bigger resolution your can set up to 175% scaling, but if you have smaller resolution, scaling option is also smaller or not available.
As of now, spacedesk viewer's minimum custom resolution supported is 800x600. You can't set the custom resolution lower than that. Maybe you can try setting your phone's resolution to lower size (in your phone settings) then check the "use native device resolution" in spacedesk viewer settings before connecting.
You can also try adjusting the text size in Windows Settings/Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Display (maybe it might also help).

Aliffan
Registered
(@aliffan)

Hi Lea,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll find a way to lower my phone's display resolution. I can't do that natively, but my phone's rooted. But still, lowering the resolution to less than 800x600 might not be a great idea (I might not be able to interact with it once it's applied).

Well as for now, I guess I can only wait until the dev team drops the limit which may never happen. I hope they'll consider it since phone displays are getting increasingly denser, and the maximum scaling value might not be enough anymore. But I don't know though, I'm not in any way an expert.

Again, thanks for replying.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register