I've been using spacedesk, and I love how it can increase my productivity. I use my old phone as my external monitor. While it is usable, but:
1. Things still appear too small to conveniently be read.
2. Display size is too big to be properly arranged, resulting in some distracting spacial inconsistencies when interacting between the displays.
Issue number 1, things still appear too small to conveniently be read.
Currently, the spacedesk display resolution is set to 612x1088 at 125% custom scaling. At 612x1088, without custom scaling turned on, the display does not support values above 100%. The option is just greyed out. If the resolution is set to 1080x1920 (native), scaling can go up to 175%. But even with that, things appear smaller than 612x1088 at 125%.
I searched on the internet if I could set the display scaling via Regedit, or probably set custom scaling per monitor, but nothing helped me so far. Custom scaling applies to all monitors. I can't set it to larger than 125%, because that's the appropriate value for my primary monitor.
Issue number 2, the display size is too big to be properly arranged.
<a href=" removed link " target="true">Here's what I mean.
My phone's display appears larger than it is. I tried shrinking the size by reducing the resolution to lowest possible. That's 612x1088. I can't lower it further because the viewer app does not support resolutions lower than 600x800.
I'm not at all an expert in this, and I'm sorry if any of these questions are stupid.
1. Is there a way to set a custom scaling value only for the external monitor?
2. I've read somewhere that scaling limits are dependent on the driver. Is this true?
3. Why can't I set the resolution to be smaller than 600x800?
4. Are there any potential solutions I can try to solve my issues?
Just ask if I need to clarify anything. Thanks in advance.
Lenovo Ideapad 310 14-IKB
Viewer: Nexus 5X
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620, NVIDIA GT-920MX