Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Losing connection o...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Losing connection on ipad/ios when backgrounded + better touch gestures?  

astonisher
Registered
(@astonisher)

Overall really loving the small footprint and snappy function of this app vs some of the competitors. Two suggestions that would make this a 10/10 app at least the way I use it:

(1) By far my single biggest annoyance is that the connection with the windows host is shut down any time you do anything on an ipad/ios that backgrounds the app. For example, even swiping down from the top right to access the controls for screen brightness and volume causes the app to disconnect from the host. This then causes all windows that were on the ipad to move back to the main monitor which is super annoying. I hope this is easily fixable and something that's already on your radar (hopefully soon!) because it is quite disruptive to the workflow to have the app disconnect and mess up all the window management you may have had going.

(2) The touch works great for single and double clicking things. I can't seem to trigger right-clicks 100% reliably by pressing/holding though. More specifically it sometimes seems to register both a left click AND a right click. I was noticing it just the other day on chrome when I tried to right-click a youtube video from a search list (to select "open in a new tab"). When I press/held the video link, it just clicked into it and then I saw the right-click context menu pop up. This happened many times.

Next, it would be great to have support for other common multi-touch gestures. Really only two-finger scrolling support would be nice. Not sure if you also support Apple pencil for more precise drawing but that would also be nice.

3 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @astonisher,
Thank you for the feedback.
Your input is noted and very much appreciated.
Multi-touch feature is already in our plans but will not be available anytime soon.
We are currently very busy with higher prioritized features and bug fixes.

spacedesk David
(@spacedesk-david)

Hi @astonisher,
Thank you for the feedback.

From now on there is a new iOS-spacedesk-version (1.0.28) ready for update in the Apple App Store which includes not disconnecting the display on going in background.

Best regards,

David spacedesk

astonisher
Registered
(@astonisher)

Hi David, really appreciate the implementation of this feature, it is hugely beneficial to my workflow (and I hope also for others!)

Unfortunately, as stated in the other thread, there are a couple of bugs that came up in the last release so the all is no longer usable at the moment at least on an ipad, but I’m sure you guys are on top of it.

Thanks,

Jiten

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum