Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lagging mouse adn windows on 2nd computer  

yair
 yair
Registered
(@yair)

This software is very useful, I  have managed to install and run it. The problem is that the mouse and windows I drag onto the 2nd laptop are lagging a lot. Why could this be?

1st laptop: win 10, 8GB RAM, 15.6 inch screen (Inspiron Dell, from 2017)
2nd laptop: win 7, 2GM RAM, 10 inch screen (Acer Aspire one 255 from, roughly, 2012-2013)

Could this be because of the 2GB RAM of 2nd laptop, because of its graphics board, because the screens are not the same size ... or why?

Thanks everyone in advance
6 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @yair,
Is your network stable and fast?
Are both laptops connected on a wired or wireless network?
Please also check Performance Tuning chapter in our user manual for other ways to improve performance. https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/
yair
 yair
Registered
(@yair)

Posted by: @spacedesklea
Hi @yair,
Is your network stable and fast?
Are both laptops connected on a wired or wireless network?
Please also check Performance Tuning chapter in our user manual for other ways to improve performance. removed link

Dear @spacedesklea,

Thanks for your reply. Both laptops are connected via a wireless network, which is stable (usually have 2-3 smartphones and two computers running on internet normally, and a smart TV running Youtube/netflix normally). 

I've checked the Performance Tuning chapter:

- lowering screen resolution on 2nd laptop did not improve lagging problems,

-Choosing OFF on compression quality did not improve either.

What should I do? 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @yair,

1. You might want to quickly try wired connection between your 2 laptops.
Please try Crossover Ethernet cable between your 2 laptops to establish a wired network connection.
Wired networks tend to have better performance than wireless networks. The fastest option is always a direct connection via network cable (e.g. a Gigabit Ethernet).
Please check this link https://www.techperiod.com/connect-windows-computers-in-lan/ on how to setup or you can also search other basic procedure on the web.

2. If you don't have an Ethernet Cable, please try WiFi Direct/Mobile Hotspot connection approach.
Please refer to the instructions on how to setup Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 machine in our user manual.
https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/##hotspot

And if our suggestions above did not help, could you please run dxdiag.exe on your 2nd laptop (Windows 7), click "Save All Information", save the output file (dxdiag.txt) then attach it on your next reply.
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member
Hi @yair,
Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver version 0.9.34 from our website.
This new driver version has a potential fix for the mouse lag issue on some machines.
Looking forward to your feedback.
yair
 yair
Registered
(@yair)

Posted by: @spacedesklea
Hi @yair,
Could you please try our most recent spacedesk Driver version 0.9.34 from our <a href=" removed link " target="true">website.
This new driver version has a potential fix for the mouse lag issue on some machines.
Looking forward to your feedback.

Dear @spacedesklea,

The updated version of spacedesk (version 0.9.34) did the trick. The mouse is lagging less now than before. Surprisingly it does not depend on whether I connect the PC-s via Ethernet or wirelessly.

Although it has improved, it is not as responsive as in the 1st PC. Out of curiosity: am I to expect better performances? I can give a 2nd life to the Win7 PC so I'm very satisfied with things right now.

Thanks a lot for the help and support.

Cheers! 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @yair,
Thank you very much for the feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum