Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Keyboard input from laptop client not working  

jjc110
Registered
(@jjc110)

Hello,

so as of this morning, the keyboard input that i used from my laptop which has the viewer conected to my desktop just has stoped working. Yesterday it was working just fine, so i don't know what is wrong now. I did have some issue earlier where the client was not showing the server name/IP on the viewer and i couldn't connect, but i figured it was AVAST and now they do connect. The laptop's mouse as remote works properly, but both the keyboard and the touchscreen (my laptop has two monitors, one of which is a touchscreen) don't work. Well, when i use the touchscreen, the mouse kinda just instantly jumps to the very bottom right of the screen. I've checked the device manager and both the spacedesk mouse and spacedesk virtual HID which are there, although there is no spacedesk keyboard if there is meant to be.

I've also try enabling and disabling the drivers, reinstalling both the client and the server, reparing, and tried with the antivirus on and off.

I don't know what else i can do. If you need me to send any log files or anything please tell me.

Thank you!

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jjc110,

Can you please clarify which is not working?
The keyboard/touchscreen functionality on your laptop (even without spacedesk)?
Or the remote keyboard/mouse input of spacedesk viewer app to your desktop (primary machine)?

jjc110
Registered
(@jjc110)

Hello again,

sorry for not being clear. What is not working is the remote keyboard and touchscreen input of the viewer app to my desktop. The keyboard/touchscreen functionality works perfectly without spacedesk.

jjc110
Registered
(@jjc110)

oh, and the remote mouse input works fine too

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @jjc110,
I see.. thanks for clarifying.
Did you notice any error notification on primary machine when trying the keyboard/touch input?
E.g. "Error - Keyboard/Mouse not available"

To further analyze this issue, please download the spacedesk diagnostic script here, then extract it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ilm5em35h0ygsfm/2020_spacedeskDiagnosticTool.zip?dl=0

Inside you will find spacedeskDiagnosticTool.cmd, just right-click it then run as administrator.
This script will start a debug view app to capture spacedesk debug traces.
On step 5 it will prompt you to reproduce the issue (by trying to connect the viewer app then try the remote keyboard/touch input for several times), make sure to do this before pressing any key to continue.
After the script is done, a folder will be created on the same folder as the script file which contains various log files that we need for analysis.
Please right-click it -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.

Looking forward to your feedback.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum