Facebook Like Button

FYI: This old forum site will not be updated anymore. To post a new topic, please click here to register to our new spacedesk Forum site.
Keeping Viewer unde...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Keeping Viewer under presentation software?  

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Our Church is using a program call Openlp for our songs and announcements. we use Space Desk to allow the pastor to extend his laptop (in front) to project to the computer in back which we then use on the extended display. The previous version of the viewer would display underneath the presentation software display. The new viewer always displayed on top of the other software.  Is there a way to arrange the viewer to be under the other display.

15 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @imatabor,

Is it the position of the spacedesk display?
You can easily drag the spacedesk display to your desired position using display settings window.
Just right-click somewhere in the desktop screen the click "display settings".

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Thanks.

We take the viewer window and drag it to the extended display. So it is at the right screen where I need it. The song software also displays on the extended display. The problem is that the space desk viewer is on top of the song software, I really need it to be under the song software display

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Thanks.

We take the viewer window and drag it to the extended display. So it is at the right screen where I need it. The song software also displays on the extended display. The problem is that the space desk viewer is on top of the song software, I really need it to be under the song software display

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @imatabor,

Posted by: @imatabor

The problem is that the space desk viewer is on top of the song software, I really need it to be under the song software display

Is it possible to send us an illustration or screen shot of this?

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

I hope this makes sense:

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @imatabor,
Is your secondary machine also Windows?
Which spacedesk Windows viewer app are you using?
Is it the spacedesk Windows 7 Viewer (v0.9.30) app? Or the spacedesk Windows viewer app from Microsoft Store?

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Yes, they are both window's 10. I did end up installing both the app from the store and the one from the website. 

What are the differences?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @imatabor,
The app from Microsoft Store is a UWP application for Windows 10 machine.
The app from the website is for Windows 7 machine (but can also run in Windows 10).

Did you try to move first the spacedesk viewer app window then followed by the song software?
And make sure that song software will be on top of the viewer?
Currently we don't have any changes in our viewer app that will make it always in focus or in foreground every time. So far with our testing, we can always move any window on top of the viewer app window.

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Thanks.

I'm out of town until next week and will play around when I get back.

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Been playing with it and the spacedesk will be under the other software but the issue is when spacedesk is put on full screen. Then spacedesk will display on top of the presention software.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @imatabor,
Ah I see.. so it involves switching the viewer app to full screen mode.

Yes that's expected. If the viewer app is in fullscreen mode, it should always be in the foreground.
You can only put another window over the viewer screen if it's windowed mode (maximized).

When I tried with Windows Viewer from Microsoft Store, I also cannot put a window over the fullscreen viewer app.

BUT when I tried with Windows Viewer 0.9.30 desktop version, it seems that I can put another window over the viewer app while it's in full screen mode.
Can you try again on your side?

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Thank you so much for your follow-up. So it should work with the viewer 0.9.30 instead of the viewer app? Do I need to uninstall the windows app?

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @imatabor,
Based on my testing here, it should work with the desktop version of Windows viewer app.

Posted by: @imatabor

Do I need to uninstall the windows app?

It's up to you, both windows viewer (desktop and UWP version) can coexist in one machine.

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Thanks for all the help. I installed the windows viewer and it worked. Going forward, are the plans to have both the app and the viewer? If not will I have this same problem in future releases?

I did have a problem though. I connect the client computer wirelessly to a new router and the router is hardwired to the viewer computer. The viewer is seeing the client but failed to connect when I select it. I tried everything but it kept failing to connect. I finally tried an old router I had and it worked fine. Is there a router setting that I should check out or change on the new router? 

imatabor
Registered
(@imatabor)

Just an update: The new router will connect with the Windows app but not the viewer.  So I either have to use the Windows app which connects through the new router but displays on top of the extended display or use the viewer through the old router and it displays under the extended display.

At this point I will use the viewer and the old router.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum