Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Is there a way to r...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Is there a way to reduce dropped frames (connecting wirelessly to use an ipad as touchscreen monitor)  

doksha
Registered
(@doksha)

I was looking for a way to use my ipad to play osu! and this is the only software that I have found that works well enough, but it is constantly dropping frames, if it would still send inputs even while not receiving video this wouldnt be an issue, but since I have to wait up to a half second for the inputs to be sent I often miss notes and cant use this for real gameplay. This is surprisingly the only issue I have since the latency isnt terrible and the touchscreen doesn't bug out for me. I would be fine with a higher latency if it meant I wouldnt drop frames, since all I care about is consistency, an extra 100 ms wont be *too* big of an issue

The settings I have are 800 x 600 resolution, the quality slider is about 1/3 along, the color depth is set to fastest and framerate is 30 (switching to 60 seems to make it worse) I am connected over my local network with a network speed of 250 Mbps upload and download for my ipad and 700 Mbps download 300 Mbps upload for my PC.

My ipad does not have a sim card and is unable to be usb tethered

2 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @doksha,
Routers can cause lags and latency. Bypassing them always improves performance.
You can configure your Windows PC as WiFi Access Point (Hotspot) and connect to it before connecting spacedesk.
For assistance, please check Performance tuning -> Network bandwidth chapter in our user manual https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/.

doksha
Registered
(@doksha)

Posted by: @spacedesklea

Hi @doksha,
Routers can cause lags and latency. Bypassing them always improves performance.
You can configure your Windows PC as WiFi Access Point (Hotspot) and connect to it before connecting spacedesk.
For assistance, please check Performance tuning -> Network bandwidth chapter in our user manual removed link

using this I get about 1 second latency and non stop frame drops, way way way slower than using my modem and 90% of the inputs arent even received, I do wish I could use usb tethering but no sim card 🙁

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum