IOS to PC not worki...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

IOS to PC not working  

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

I have installed the SD driver 0.9.43 on my Windows 8.1 PC. The driver reports status ON(idle) and 0 Connections. The PC's graphics adapter is Intel. 
My Ipad is running IOS14.1 and the SD app offers a connection to the PC with the correct device name and IP address.Both devices are on the same network. The PC is wired to the WIFI router. No VPN. Firewall is reporting access to spacedesk applications.

When I try and connect through the app, I get a black screen on the IPad that says "Connected - Display OFF" 

Also when I use the HTML viewer I ge t a black screen although it reports that that it is connected to the primary.

My instincts tell me that PC screen is not being transmitted. When I look at the Windows display settings on the PC, I do not see the SD device as I would expect to.

An error message does appear on the Windows task bar. It says "Error - DisplayLinkDriver detected - incompatible Display Hook Driver." Now I have uninstalled all such drivers as per the manual and I have run the commands to find if any OSbase driver are present that are given in th emanual. None are reported. Perhaps there is another way to check as I have tried splashtop?

My iPad does not have cellular, so a tethered connection does not appear to be possible.

I have run dxdiag.exe,but I don't see any option to attach. You can access them removed link " target="true">here.

Please advise

12 Replies
spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Reputable Member

Hi @evan3161,

Please also check => sc query lci_proxywddm <enter>
If it's installed (running or stopped), just use sc delete lci_proxywddm <enter>
then reboot your primary machine.

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

No, this is not running or is it installed.

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

Can you please respond?

spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Reputable Member

Hi @evan3161,

Please send us your dxdiag text file. File attachment option should now be available.
Posting links are not allowed due to security reasons.

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

Hi Nicole,

dxdiag file attached.

spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Reputable Member

Hi @evan3161,

Thank you very much for the file.

Are you still seeing this exact bubble message "Error - DisplayLink Driver Detected - Incompatible Display Hook Driver!" ?
Please run the following commands and let us know if any of them are still installed (running or stopped): 

a. sc query dlkmdldr
   b. sc query dlkmd
   c. sc query DisplayLinkService

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

Hi Nicole,

Yes, still the same.  I have rerun the commands - still the same

The attachment has all the information I can possibly give you and I am eagerly awaiting your advice on a fix for this.

spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Reputable Member

Hi @evan3161,

It seems that the DisplayLinkService is still installed and running (2020-11-19_085626.png).
Are all DisplayLink related software uninstalled?
If yes, please try the following commands:
- sc stop DisplayLinkService
- sc delete DisplayLinkService

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

Hi Nicole,

Removed the DiplayLinkService no problem. Then I discovered there was an MCT Driver, which I also removed from the services list and installed. After rebooting,  SD is still reporting  "Error MCT Driver Detected - Incompatible Display Hook Driver". I have been through all the services and I cannot find anything that has MCT in it anywhere on the local services list.

Any ideas on how I should proceed?

spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Reputable Member

Hi @evan3161,

Please run the following commands:

a. sc query MCTDesktopSvr
    if installed, sc stop MCTDesktopSvr
                     sc delete MCTDesktopSvr

b. sc query mctkmd
    if installed, sc delete mctkmd

c. sc query mctkmdldr
    if installed, sc delete mctkmdldr

Then, reboot your primary machine.

evan3161
Registered
(@evan3161)

That worked! Thank you.

So now I have discovered that the teleprompter functionality that I was originally after is only available for installation on Windows 10! This is a pity as my computer can't support my dual monitor desktop configuration through my docking station on Windows 10. I had to downgrade it. I don't suppose there are any plans to implement this functionality on W8.1?

spacedesk Nicole
(@spacedesknicole)
Reputable Member

Hi @evan3161,

We are glad that spacedesk is now working on your side.

Yes, the Video Wall and the teleprompter features are available only on Windows 10.
We don't have plans on implementing these on Windows 8.1.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum