Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Installer is no longer responding  

luistnt
Registered
(@luistnt)

Hi

When I trying to install send me a message with the same text that title without an error code and I try to uninstall but i get the message "Install server not responding" and i don't know how to solucionate.

Actually have installed the version 0.9.64 on my pc

-primary machine: windows 10

-Secondary machine: android

-Primary machine graphics adapter: AMD Raedon Software

-Network conection type: Wifi

17 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @luistnt,
Did you already tried to reboot your primary machine and try again with installer?
If problem still persist, could you please send us the following for further analysis:
- run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information" and send us the output file
- spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
- setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the *.zip file on your next reply.
Looking forward to your feedback.

PS: Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

Hi Lea, i have the same problem, the driver will not update, it stuck, also i have rebootet several times, where should i send you the above mentioned zip file?

Regards Michael

luistnt
Registered
(@luistnt)

the files

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @migrewe,

Please attach it on your next reply.
Attach option should be visible on your side after your second post.

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

Hi Lea, sorry here is no option to attach

Regards Michael

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

ok, now i have it

Regards Michael

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @luistnt
Thanks for sending the requested files.
Can you please try to uninstall first your previous spacedesk driver v0964 ( and reboot your machine) then try our most recent spacedesk Driver installer v0.9.69 on our website https://spacedesk.net/.

If you don't have the old v0964 MSI installer, you can easily uninstall it on Windows Settings -> Apps & features, then find spacedesk Windows DRIVER on the App list.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @migrewe
Thanks for sending the requested files.

Could you please delete your old spacedeskSetup.log file then try the Troubleshooting Uninstall -> Microsoft Fix chapter in our user manual to uninstall the previous version of spacedesk.
https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/
It seems you have the old driver v0954.
This is the product key in case you need it when you run the troubleshooting tool from Microsoft.
spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v0954_BETA.msi:{A856E2FA-380E-43AD-B79D-6723F44EE746}

After that, please try our most recent spacedesk Driver installer v0.9.69 on our website https://spacedesk.net/.

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

Hi Lea, nothing works

best regards

Michael

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @migrewe,
Did you delete the old spacedeskSetup.log file before you tried the latest msi version 0969?
Can you send us the updated:
- spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
- setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF

Another thing you can quickly try is create a new user account (with administrator privilege) then try to run the msi installer there.

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

hi Lea, sadly nothing works, i made  a new account, as you suggested, tried again the microsoft fix program, deleted the spacedeskSetup.log, it stuck with the new installation and i could not cancel it, so i had to make a new start.

If nothing helps, should i make a reset, and how do i be sure that the driver is deleted?

Regards Michael

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

hi lea, or do you have a remote program, so that you can look what happens on my laptop

Regards Michael

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @migrewe,
Thanks for the feedback.
Could you please try the following:

1. Run services.msc find spacedeskService and check if it's running.
If spacedeskService is running, just right-click and Stop it.

2. Run devmgmt.msc, click View tab -> Devices by Connection, find spacedesk virtual HID Device.
Underneath spacedesk virtual HID Device, just right-click -> Uninstall all the devices (HID Keyboard Device, HIS-compliant mouse, HID-compliant touch screen, HID-compliant vendor-defined device).
After uninstalling all the devices below, uninstall the spacedesk virtual HID Device.

3. Uninstall spacedesk via any of the following:
    Option 1: On C:\Program Files\datronicsoft, click the uninstall shortcut
    Option 2: On Control Panel Program and Features, find spacedesk Windows Driver and uninstall it.

After the steps above, please reboot your primary machine then run the latest spacedesk Driver v0969 msi installer and try to install it.

Looking forward to your feedback.

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

hi lea, thanks for your help, but nothing works

1.there is no spacedesk service

2.there is spacedesk virtual HID Device, but nothing as you mentioned to uninstall

3. found the driver, but could not uninstall, tried for 15 minutes and then i could not cancel, so i had to reboot the pc.

regards michael

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @migrewe,
Thanks for the screenshots.
On device manager, did you click the "View" tab and select "Devices by connection"?
After that, scroll down and find spacedesk virtual HID device and it should have members underneath.
Please check the attached screenshot.

migrewe
Registered
(@migrewe)

hi lea, sorry my bad, di did not go to the view tab

i unistalled everything underneath spacedesk virtual HID Device and started to uninstall the driver and then this happened see pictures.#

Then i uninstalled acrobat pro dc but the result is, nothing happens, i cannot uninstall the driver

so do you think there is another solution besides reset the pc?

And can i be sure the driver will be deleted?

Regards Michael

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @migrewe,

Are you using a particular uninstaller software to do the uninstallation of spacedesk?

Acrobat should not be involved during uninstallation process of spacedesk.
It seems that it detects an unfinished install/uninstall of your Acrobat software and it overlaps with the spacedesk uninstall process.

You should try to install/uninstall one software at a time to prevent confusion and installation/uninstallation failure.

Could you please check if system protection on your current drive (C:\) is enabled and you have system restore configured?
Maybe you can rollback/restore to a certain restore point.
Just press the Windows key + Pause/Break key on the keyboard to open the system properties window -> System protection.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum