Facebook Like Button

Welcome Visitor! Please Login or Register
Installer immediate...

Installer immediate error  

mauricetimocohen
Registered
(@mauricetimocohen)

Launching the installer spacedesk_driver_Win_10_64_v0925_BETA.msi immediately produces the error:

This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer package.

I am running Win 10 (1903),

Any suggestion on overcoming this??

Topic Tags
21 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
For further analysis, could you please send us the following:
- run dxdiag.exe on your primary machine, click "Save all information" and save the output file (dxdiag.txt)
- spacedeskSetup.log file located in C:\Users\Public
- setupapi.dev.log file located in C:\Windows\INF
Please save all requested files in one folder, then right-click -> Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder, then attach the zip file on your next reply.
Looking forward to your feedback.
mauricetimocohen
Registered
(@mauricetimocohen)

Hello Lea,

Thank you very much for trying to help, but the installer did not even launch, so that:

1. spacedeskSetup.log has not been created

2.   Nothing has been written to setupapi.dev.log by the installer

Given the above, I see no point in providing you with the dxdiag.txt.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @mauricetimocohen,
Thank you for the feedback.
Does your computer account has administrator rights?
Please also make sure that the downloaded msi installer file is not damaged or corrupted.
Maybe try to download it again from our website and make sure you save it on your local computer and not on the network.
Another possible reason is that an antivirus software is blocking the installation. Do you have a third-party antivirus or firewall software on your primary machine?
mauricetimocohen
Registered
(@mauricetimocohen)

Thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately no joy.

BillS
Registered
(@bills)

I believe I have run into the same problem with the 9.25 msi windows 64 bit installer.  In my case, the installer hangs my Windows 10 1903 system and I have to power cycle to restart.  I tried the whole process several times with the same results.  I have the files you requested in an earlier post but can't figure out how to attach them to this post.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Posted by: @mauricetimocohen

Thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately no joy.

Hi @mauricetimocohen,
Could you please try our previous msi installer version 0.9.24. you can download it here.
Then let us know if you still get the same error.

mauricetimocohen
Registered
(@mauricetimocohen)

Posted by: @spacedesklea
download it <a href=" removed link " target="true">here.

Bad link

mauricetimocohen
Registered
(@mauricetimocohen)

download it <a href=" removed link " target="true">here.

Bad link

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member

Hi @bills,
please try again to attach the requested files on your next reply.
Attachment is allowed after your first post.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member

Bad link

Hi @mauricetimocohen,,
sorry, please try version 0.9.23, I forgot that we skipped the version 0.9.24.
Please click this link to download the previous version of spacedesk.

mauricetimocohen
Registered
(@mauricetimocohen)

Bad link

Hi @mauricetimocohen,,
sorry, please try version 0.9.23, I forgot that we skipped the version 0.9.24.
Please click this <a href=" removed link " target="true">link to download the previous version of spacedesk.

Same error.  I am done trying. Goodbye.

BillS
Registered
(@bills)

Hi, I got a 4o4 error on the first link but then downloaded the 9.23 file from the second link.  I installed it (I did get several windows errors in the process probably related to the previous failed installed attempts) but the process seemed to work and I rebooted (FYI, I upgraded to Windows 10 1909 after the first install error).

I then tried to connect my OnePlus 7 Pro running Android 10 via USB to my computer.  The phone saw your software.  When I tried to connect from the phone, it popped an error message: error code 1-2-0; error info: 0-3-4 with a connect time of 0.1 sec.  I also saw an error message on my PC: error driver not found.

I again tried to attach the zipped files from the first attempt to this reply but no luck.  I see no option to attach a file and control V does not work.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @bills,

Thank you very much for trying the previous msi installer.
Now please try again with the v0.9.25 msi installer (no need to uninstall the previous version), just run the latest installer.

After updating to latest driver, please check again if you have the same error upon client connect.
If problem still persist, attach file option should be enabled now on your side.
Please send the following:
- dxdiag.txt of your primary machine
- C:\Users\Public\spacedeskSetup.log file
- all *.etl files located in C:\Users\Public\spacedesk_logs folder

Please save all files in one folder, right-click and Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder.
Then attach on your next reply.

BillS
Registered
(@bills)

Hi again.  No love--same situation.  My system locked up on the install.  I think I have a pretty ordinary system--I have not observed any other problems with it.  I have attached spacedesk temp 01 which is from the first attempted setup several days ago.  Spacedesk temp 02 is from the most recent attempt but...I could not find the requested *.etl files.  I searched for them but didn't see them.  Can you be more precise in where I can find them?  I don't see an indication if the files were attached so please let me know if you got them.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @bills,
Thank you very much for sending the requested files.
Could you please open the device manager on your primary machine, just run devmgmt.msc, then check Display adapters -> spacedesk Graphics Adapter if there's an error (right-click -> Properties, check the Device status).
BillS
Registered
(@bills)

I checked Dev Mgr. and no issues with your Spacedesk graphics adapter.  The driver shows a date of 11/19/10 and version 11.203.78. My other graphics driver is a recent GeForce Nvidia driver. 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @bills,
Thank you for verifying.
Could you please try the following:
- Right-click the spacedesk Graphics Adapter in device manager, select disable then enable.
- Open spacedesk server window by clicking the spacedesk tray icon in the notification area of the taskbar, click the menu button then select "Clear All Display Settings".
- Run services.msc, find spacedeskService then right-click Restart.
- Then try to connect the spacedesk viewer again.
BillS
Registered
(@bills)

Definite Progress and probable success.  First of all I had to re-install the 9.23 driver and this left me with 2 Spacedesk video adapters.  I uninstalled the one with the exclamation point and then followed your instructions with my phone connected to my PC with a USB cable.  For the first time I saw my PC screen on my Android phone.  Although my nVidia control panel did not see the Android phone (this is to be expected), Windows did see my Android phone as a third screen.  I then disconnected the USB cable and the phone was still connected on my WiFi network.  I was able to move an open window from screen 1 to 2 to 3 (the Android phone) and back.  I was also able to open a file with my mouse while a window was open on the phone. 

I didn't spend enough time experimenting to comment on the performance (or lag over the WiFi network).

At this point my biggest questions are--

1)  a smoother install process (I assume you are working on this)

2) the video settings on the phone are the native settings of the phone and this makes the phone screen hard to use--In my case the OnePlus 7 Pro has a relatively long aspect in landscape mode which distorts the image on the phone.  I did not attempt to change anything on my phone.  Is there (or will there be) any way to make different Android phone screens easier to use with your software?

3) Will you support wired USB connections or will connections be limited to WiFi?

In the meantime, thanks for you clear troubleshooting instructions.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member
Hi @bills,

Thank you for the feedback.
1. We will get back to you as soon as we have a new spacedesk Driver installer for you to try.

2. Are you using spacedesk for extension or mirror mode? Can you send us a screenshot of your viewer screen that shows distorted image.
Maybe setting a custom resolution in our viewer app's settings might help.

3. Native USB cable connection support is actually included in our long term feature list.
It will probably not coming so soon as we are currently very busy with higher prioritized features.
For now, you can try USB tethering  or WiFi Direct connection  as an alternative to WiFi network connection for spacedesk.
BillS
Registered
(@bills)

Hi, I haven't had much time to experiment but I attached a screenshot from my OnePlus 7 Pro.  I am using extend and the phone is my 3rd monitor.  The first monitor has a resolution of 1920 x 1080, the second monitor is 1280 x 1024, and the phone is 3120 x 1440 (according to the web site).  I did not try to make any adjustment on any monitor.

In reality the scaling is probably not that bad on the phone but it does make it somewhat hard to use since I don't have this problem with my other mismatched monitors.

Hope this helps.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Famed Member

Hi @bills,
Thanks for sending the screenshot.
I think the spacedesk display on your phone is currently set to 1024x768 screen resolution.
To switch it to it's native resolution, open the display setting on your primary machine then select the spacedesk display then switch the resolution (3120 x 1440).

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2019 spacedesk Support Forum

Please Login or Register