Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Incompatibility with Splashtop wiredxdisplay driver  

Bezalel79
Registered
(@bezalel79)

Good morning,
I have an old Samsung Galaxy tab A and would like to use it as a secondary screen via USB and 
Since Spacedesk doesn't have this function I bought Splashtop wiredxdisplay and newer Samsung Galagy tab s2 that I would like to use via Wi-Fi with Spacedesk.
However, the Spacedesk driver is incompatible and at startup it still gives an error.
Is it possible to solve the problem or at least make it possible to use both products alternately?
Thank you

5 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @bezalel79,
Currently, splashtop is installing their old hook display driver (lci_proxywddm).
This hook display driver can possibly cause a conflict with our spacedesk driver and can cause any display problems.
That's why our spacedesk server is always checking if the splashtop hook display driver is detected in the system, it will disconnect the viewer connection immediately.
Unfortunately, there's no workaround for it to coexist.

Is your primary machine Windows 10?

Bezalel79
Registered
(@bezalel79)

Hi Lea,

My primary machine Is a Windows 10

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @bezalel79,
You can try this workaround at your own risk - since splashtop is also an Iddcx driver like spacedesk, maybe the old display hook driver is not being used on this platform.
Maybe you can try to remove only this incompatible driver detected by spacedesk without uninstalling the whole splashtop software.
1. run Command prompt as administrator
2. type sc delete lci_proxywddm
3. reboot your primary machine
4. check if splashtop is still working properly after that
5.1. if splashtop still works after removing the display hook driver, try to connect with spacedesk
5.2. if splashtop did NOT work properly after removing the lci_proxywddm driver, please reinstall splashtop to fix it, if you choose to use splashtop over spacedesk. OR if you prefer spacedesk, you really have to remove the splashtop on your machine.

Bezalel79
Registered
(@bezalel79)

Hi @Lea,

Thanks for the support.
I tried to follow your procedure but without the lci_proxywddm driver the tablet works only as a mirror not as an extended screen.
I would prefer to use only Spacedesk but unfortunately you don't have the USB connection function.
How about implementing it? (no wi-fi problems, no battery problems)

Thanks

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @bezalel79,

I see, thanks for this information.
Currently, you can only try USB tethering connection with spacedesk.
For instruction, please check USB tethering chapter in our user manual.
https://spacedesk.net/user-manual/

Native USB cable connection is already in our feature list to be implemented but has low priority at the moment.
We are currently focused on higher prioritized features and bug fixes.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum