Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Images on secondary screen are stretched  

lg98
 lg98
Registered
(@lg98)

Hello. Whenever I extend my display, the images on the secondary machine are stretched. This only happens when I extend my display from my Windows 10 primary machine to a Windows 10 secondary machine. And, it happens even though I make sure the resolutions on both machines are set to be the same. This stretching issue does not happen when I extend the display from a Windows 10 primary machine to an iPad.

Here are my platform details...

Primary machine operating system: Windows 10

Secondary machine operating system: Windows 10

Primary machine's graphics adapter: Intel HD Graphics 620

Network connection type: Wireless

Any suggestions for what settings I can adjust to fix this stretching issue? Thanks much!

8 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lg98,
Are both primary and secondary machine monitors have the same native screen resolution?

lg98
 lg98
Registered
(@lg98)

Hi @spacedesk Lea,

Thanks for your reply. The primary screen has a different native resolution than the secondary screen. 

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lg98,
Did you already tried to use just the native screen resolution of your secondary machine's monitor?
By the way, we have a new spacedesk UWP Viewer app in the Microsoft Store, please try it. The aspect ratio of the viewer screen should be fixed in our prototype version of UWP windows viewer in the Microsoft Store.

lg98
 lg98
Registered
(@lg98)

Hi @spacedesklea,

Yes, I've tried all the screen resolution options (including that of my secondary screen), but it didn't help with the stretching issue. I did try the version of the viewer from the Microsoft store, and that worked. My secondary screen was no longer stretched, though the option for going full screen isn't available with this version of the viewer. For the version I downloaded directly from the spacedesk website, going full screen on the secondary monitor is an option, but it produces a stretched screen.

Thanks for your help.

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lg98,
Full screen is not yet available for the new spacedesk UWP app from Microsoft Store.
We will let you know as soon as it's available.

lg98
 lg98
Registered
(@lg98)

Hi @spacedesklea,

Sounds good. Thanks much for your help!

spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @lg98,
Please try our latest spacedesk UWP Viewer app in Microsoft Store. Full screen mode is now supported.

lg98
 lg98
Registered
(@lg98)

Hi @spacedesklea,

Sounds great, thanks for the heads up!

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum