Hidding icon from t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hidding icon from taskbar  

mondueo
Registered
(@mondueo)

I might have missed a setting here, but this is more of an annoyance and seems unnecessary.  When SD is running I can not close the app to the taskbar it just minimizes to the taskbar which is quite annoying...I can not think of any application in 2020 besides this one that requires the user to have a minimized copy running on the taskbar. Can you please simply allow us to run SD from the taskbar, hidden?

Again maybe i missed a setting somewhere....

-  Windows  10
- Secondary machine iOS 9.3.5

- Nvidia 1060gtx
- Wireless

4 Replies
spacedesk Lea
(@spacedesklea)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mondueo,
If there's an active/connected viewer, this spacedesk server window cannot be close, it can only minimize in the task bar and cannot be hidden at the moment.
If there's no viewer connected, you can close the window.
We purposely designed it that way so that user will be aware that there's an active connection on the primary machine since we don't have security feature yet.

At the moment, there's no option to hide it.
But we will take note of your feedback. We might consider it if there are more users requesting for it.

jpickerell
Registered
(@jpickerell)

I would request that if this feature is implemented, to make it a setting that can be flipped either way. Minimize/close to taskbar vs minimize/close to notification area icon. In my current use case, it is good to have it close/minimize to taskbar so to make it extremely quick and easy to know that sever is running and viewer is connected to it. After we get used to our flow and processes and can trust that all is running consistently well, I could see appreciating the ability to minimize/close the server to notification area instead of taking up space in the taskbar.

Also, like idea of having ability to secure the server from remote viewer connections at some point in the future (as long as password can be saved in the desktop viewer and passed in as a URL parameter in the HTML5 viewer!

jpickerell
Registered
(@jpickerell)

following thread...

x36
 x36
Registered
(@x36)

All that's required to stop the tray application from running is for you to rename or move "spacedeskServiceTray.exe", which should be in your System32 folder.

The service still runs just fine without it.

I imagine this should suffice for most of you until an official solution is implemented.

spacedesk forum footer

Copyright © 2020 spacedesk Support Forum